AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Removing business hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My parents own a business that they run from their home called Antiquités Griffon (link to their Google page). They run on a very loose schedule which changes daily, and indicate whether their business is open with an "open" or "closed" sign just off of the side of the road. Google lists their business as open from 9 AM - 5 PM daily. I would like to remove the hours completely from the listing, so as to not mislead customers into thinking they are open when they (potentially) are not. It is very important that no hours are listed, as they live in the middle of nowhere and most people would have to make a minimum 30 minute drive to get to their store, and it would be bad for business if someone was led to believe from Google that they were open when they in reality were not. How can I go about removing the business hours without them showing as "closed"?

Removing business hours

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Tom W - Do you have access to the Google My Business listing? Right now when I click on the link you provided there is an option to "claim this business" which makes me believe that it is not verified. 

First step is this and then you can remove hours in the listing. 

Removing business hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your response. I have access to the listing and just got it verified, but I still can't seem to remove the hours. When I try to remove them, it won't let me 'apply' because I haven't entered a valid time.

Removing business hours

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Tom W - is it possible for you to post a screenshot of this error message you are receiving? 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...