Guide Me
star_border

Remove domestic violence and other confidential locations

K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need Google and other maps to remove an address because it houses violence victims and must be kept confidential. How can I do that?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remove domestic violence and other confidential locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @K M

Do you want this listing removed entirely from Maps or just have the address hidden?

If the former then you'll need to contact Google support: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow to ask them for assistance in doing this.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
What do you mean by remove an address? Is it a business listing you're trying to remove?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author K M
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Joy she said she just needs address removed.

I used to work at a battered women's shelter and I believe this is what she wants.

They need a listing so women in need can find them or volunteers that want to help or whatever can see there is a local shelter and find the phone #.

BUT the location must be confidential! Or violent husbands can find the family that's hiding or could show up to the shelter waving a gun. Or show up and threaten to kill staff for helping the wife get away. (I've been there.)

KM please confirm you want to keep the listing and just not show the address.

Then since this is a public safety issue I'll escalate to Google management so you don't have to try to convince support.

Plus support may do it one way without understanding the severity and that way can still show the address in certain circumstances. Address needs to be totally gone, not just hidden in the service area settings.

K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks everyone for their support.

We need the address to be gone, to just say Santa Rosa, CA. The other option would be to show the Santa Rosa, CA, PO box that we use on our website.

K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Linda, for escalating to Google management. Please let me know if there's more I should do to ensure the address is confidential. Thanks again from all of us working to protect vulnerable children and youth.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
SOOOO sorry for the delay. Have been out a lot with health issues.

I would also need to know what listing you are talking about. We don't know who you are affiliated with or anything.

I'll try to watch for your reply so I can escalate this.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@K M
I did go ahead and escalate to Google 4 days ago thinking you'd be replying soon. But we don't have any idea which listing you are talking about, so can't do anything to help you yet.

Plus title says: "and other confidential locations" so I'm unsure if there is more than one that needs editing.

Please reply and let us know the URL of the listing(s) so we know which one(s) to hide the address on. 

K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
K M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry for the reply delay.
These two locations of the Sonoma County Human Services Dept. should be removed. Both are confidential locations that shelter and work with child victims of abuse.
Valley of the Moon Children's Home, Santa Rosa, CA
Redwood Children's Center, Santa Rosa, CA
Thank you,
Kris

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks for the details Kris. Just wanted to let you know, someone from Google took care of those listings for you I believe. Please let us know if you need any further help.