chem2clean

77 Pinewood

Ballybrack

County Dublin

Dublin

Ireland

01 2354866

https://www.google.com/+CarpetcleanersdublinIe

Hi everyone,noticed since google plus has gone from the 7 to 3 my phone calls have virtual halved.I have lots of reviews,videos,pic over years of activity.but now i  seem to be ranked by business's with little information etc.Can anyone offer some advice on what i can do to make my business back on track..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ranking Factors of a Google Business Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brendan

This is Google's official guidelines on the factors they look at for local search: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en

As mentioned in the Google+ community your website also plays a big part in your rankings - Google's stated main aim is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful, so providing the best experience for a searcher is something they're keen on.

Having said that, I can see your Google+ page is currently breaking guidelines. As a cleaning company you are classified as a Service Area Business (you go to customers rather than them coming to you) so unless customers come to your business address during stated business hours, then you need to hide your business address.

To hide your business address go to the dashboard, edit the address section and uncheck the box next to: I also serve customers at my location.

There's also no mark-up on your website - i recommend using the schema.org markup to highlight your business phone number on your website (and address). You can also use the tools in Search Console to help there.

I'd also have your SEO company / website designer run a spelling and grammar check over your site. This is the meta description that comes up when I search for your company: "Chem2Clean are professional and a affordable Carpet Cleaners in Dublin. Providing a high quality carpet cleaning service in Dublin and surrounding areas." Personally those incorrect sentences don't inspire me with confidence, but I am a bit of a grammar nerd.

Finally if you're going to put a Google Map on your website then I highly recommend embedding the actual one that Google produces for your Maps listing. The code for that is:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d2386.846835709061!2d-6.133287684164927!3d53.25... width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you PriyaC,That is very kind of you.Regarding the guideline you mentioned.I do have customers dropping and collect rugs from my premises.Do you still think i should change it.Regarding the spelling mistakes,my website guys first language is Italian,so thanks for pointing out the errors.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Brendan

If you do have people coming to the premises between the business hours stated on your GMB listing then yes, you are fine to list the full address on the GMB listing.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog