Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Question about 2 businesses

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

I have two photography businesses, one is family friendly and the other is boudoir photography (which is intimate images of typically women). They are both under the same physical address and phone number. I just separate them in every way possible such as separate Facebook pages, separate websites, etc. Can I add an account to my existing photography account or should I make a completely new account so that when my boudoir is searched it comes up like my other photography page does? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Question about 2 businesses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's always been a problem for two businesses to share the same address and phone number. Since last September, it's even become a problem for two businesses in the same industry to share the same address. 

From what I've seen, SEO isn't a great source of leads for a Boudoir photography studio. Your number one goal with Google for your boudoir business should be making sure you make a good impression when people look you up by name after hearing about you elsewhere, not necessarily to get in front of people doing more generic searches. To that end, when they search for you by name, they should see your business information to the right (they call that the knowledge panel) they should see good reviews, and they should see good samples of your work, especially with the main image that shows up in your business information. You have to have a profile set up to get all of that showing. If you decide to set up a profile to get those benefits, you will need a new phone number. If you have other 3rd party sites (Yelp, etc.) that already have a profile for your boudoir business, you will need to change the number there as well. Unfortunately, there's no Google category for boudoir photographer, so you will need to choose a more generic category (most boudoir photographers just use 'photographer' as their category it looks like). That will increase the chances of your boudoir business interfering with your other business. The way the filter works, only one business will show for any given keyword. If there's one business you want to appear for a particular search, you'll need to make sure your SEO signals are stronger for that business than for the other one, does that make sense? 

If SEO isn't a significant source of clients for either business then it doesn't matter either way, but now at least you can weigh your options and make an informed decision. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.