AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Profile and cover photos not appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Five days ago, I took ownership of our google listing "Teachers Health Trust" 2950 E Rochelle, Las Vegas, NV. At the time, I updated both the profile and cover photos. They aren't showing up. Also, the main photo that does appear is from a newspaper story which shows the former CEO and others that were terminated a year ago. This is causing confusion to our members as they wonder why these people still show up on our listing. Please advise on how to get rid of this picture from the newspaper and how to get my profile and cover photo to appear. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Profile and cover photos not appearing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Todd R I looked up the listing and from your description compared to what is currently visible there seems to be a difference. This is what I find regarding the listing at this link. A contributor has taken pictures and posted on the listing and this is showing up in the first place on the listing. For the first action if the listing was mine. I would take some pictures of what someone would see approaching the entrance outside. Then a number of pictures of the inside that show people and atmosphere that visitors can expect when the visit. Unfortunately the picture you select as the cover photo may not show up in that position. If you know the demolition person you can ask him to remove it. He can do it from his profile or you can flag the picture for removal.  A listing can have pictures, posts and videos to make it more engaging to the viewer. Interior reception areas often show up first on a listing. 

Thanks for asking,

David Cox

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice and speedy reply. Luckily, I have a good camera on-hand and have taken the photos you suggested. I'm uploading them now. Thanks again!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Todd R  NOW that's a listing. When you get a chance you can add 30-second videos and also consider using posts the posts can be used to generate more interest and also link visitors to specific parts of your site. Here is a link to a full list of how what and why regarding what Google is looking for in photos to be posted on a listing.   Great improvement.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |