My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with national Google+ page connected with local map listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had a Google+ brand page, it got a custom URL, and we linked it to our YouTube account among other Google products.

Last year I saw that you can connect the Google+ page to the map listing for your business so I did that. Now the Google+ page says "Verified local business."

My main question is this:

Is this bad for us since we are a national SaaS company? Does Google now consider our company a "local" business and so will only show us in results for users that are within our office's region?

If this problem does exist, what is the best way to fix this to maintain the existing Google+ page and its custom URL and other product connections? There is an option to switch the map result to be connected to a different brand page: will this disconnect from the main Google+ page and leave it otherwise intact?

If it doesn't necessarily matter for search, should we still disconnect?

I've noticed there are a few features that "Local" pages don't have access to:

• Adding additional emails to the Google+ page.
  • Linking a website to the Google+ page.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with national Google+ page connected with local map listi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

If you meet your customers in-person then you are eligible for a Local page - however from the information you've provided it sounds that you would not be eligible, as a national SaaS business.

You are eligible for a brand page though (what you had previously) so I recommend creating a new brand page, moving the YouTube Channel to that brand page, and then contacting GMB support (https://support.google.com/business/contactflow) to have the ineligible Local page removed from the local database.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply! Google is pretty unclear on how some of this works. We are an internet software service and anyone in the country can and does sign up, so we aren't local-only. But, we occasionally have customers visit and we have people who need to find the main office building occasionally - so we still want to control the information that shows up for the office location in Maps. Would you recommend we still have a separate page set up to manage the office location information?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Michael, with the additional information that you've provided I would agree that you can have a local page set up for the office location.

Cheers.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog