My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Problem getting my customer's business page to show amongst other businesses on search result map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys.

I have a customer who I am trying to get a good ranking for in google.

He owns a 'motorcycle touring' business.

So far I have managed to get him a ranking in pages 3 and 4.

The problem I am having is in relation to his 'google business page' that I set up for him.

The thing is, is that I set it up correctly and entered the verification code, etc, and it is functioning perfectly, but his business does not show up on the map (when I test how well his keywords are doing).

By the word 'map' I am referring to when I check to see whether his business is showing up in the results, there is a map that shows up at the top of the google listings and this map has all the businesses that offer the same services as his (in the UK).

So, for example, I will type in the following in google search: "Motorcycle tours in the UK",,,,,, and his business does not show up on the map or the corresponding list below the map. You would think he would a least show up at the bottom of the list, but no.

And I checked what business category these rival businesses are under and I chose the same business categorie(s) when creating his business page.

So Im not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have been waiting a number of weeks now and his business is still not showing up on the map for any of our chosen keywords.

Can someone tell me where I may be going wrong?

Paul.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem getting my customer's business page to show amongst other businesses on search result ma

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Good afternoon Paul,
If you can provide me with some further information I can take a look into this for you. What is the google listing and website?
I'll see if I can uncover any issues for you.
Look forward to hearing from you
-Kyle

Re: Problem getting my customer's business page to show amongst other businesses on search result ma

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul G

What you are referring to is the local pack or 3 pack.

The first thing I would say immediately to you, is that a business will not be appearing in the local pack if it on Page 3 or 4.

The 3 pack tends to correspond with page 1 organic rankings.

Read:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership