1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Present our Departments in Knowledge Graph

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the driver to push our Department information to the Knowledge Graph?  We are corporate grocery retail with 200 locations - each may have any variety of bakery, deli, produce, meat, liquor, pharmacy and more departments.  All are claimed in and kept up to date in GMB.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The knowledge graph is separate from Google My Business listing. It is created from a number of factors, not within the scope of this community. For a pretty detailed explanation regarding the SEO regarding the Knowledge Graph and the SEO regarding it. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I don't fully agree with what @David W Cox said despite of the fact many of his points might be correct.

There is a clear relationship between GoogleMyBuisness as product and Knowledge graph (not saying ist a one-to-one relationship)

However:

For any verified GoogleMyBusiness listing Google link the Knowledeg Graph for the listing in question in the dahsboard of the managing user.

The owner / manager of the listing will find this linked knowledge graph  in the dahsboard while in the edit modus of the listing under the headline "published on"  and over there  it's link "GoogleSearch"

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler thanks for pointing out that view. I had not used the link you pointed out here. When I view it I get what I think is the knowledge panel to the left and lot of search results on the left. What I was thinking of was the knowledge graph that shows up in the center of the page on a search.
It is hard to keep up with the Google terms as they change.
I assumed the question by @Carolyn H was how to get store department information like the bakery department to show up in the knowledge graph in the center of the page as a one-stop answer that avoids having to go to a website for the answer to the query. So did not see it as possible to get an authoritative answer to a bakery question in that store's location.
I went back slowed down and re-read the question and wonder if, in fact, the question is there are 200 locations and each location has multiple departments so they are looking to have each store with having a separate GMB listing for each department resulting in X listings within the store. Carolyn is this a correct restatement of what you are looking for? (This would not be permitted) Does the question refer to stores or departments in the store?
An example would be a convenience store that has a listing for an ATM within the store that shows up on Google maps and has pictures and information displayed on it. I have seen that a lot. Or Dunkin Donuts in a Stop and Shop, since they are separate business entities.

Off topic how do ATMs get verified most certainly do not get separate mail addresses? I will have to research that.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

you are wewlcome @David W Cox

Regarding ATM

The most ATM's get submitted and verified through a verified

bulk feed of the according bank company - being the owner of the ATM

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Thanks in the guides program I see a lot of them and wondered