My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Posts with Google makes no sense. Invited to post specials, then told no promotions allowed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm so confused with the new Posts with Google.  The invitation said we could posts specials.  But then the terms say we cannot post pricing or calls to purchase. So which is it?  How can a business post a special without it being a discount? It's a complete contradiction and makes no sense.  We got invited to post about our specials, then we got an email from Google saying "Your post has been suspended" for violating promotional terms. 

Can anyone clear this up?

Here are the promotional terms for Posts with Google along with a screenshot inviting us to post specials or "anything else" we want people to know.

Promotional Content

Published content is not intended to replace advertising or promotion of merchandise or services. Notification of public appearances or time-sensitive events is acceptable, but authors should not post direct calls to purchase, specific prices or discounts, or endorsements of specific brands, products, or services. Authors can describe specific products or services if they provide only factual information [e.g. size or color] without mentioning the price or issuing a call to purchase. Published content should not include solicitations for donations or directly offer products or services for sale.

posts-google-specials.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Posts with Google makes no sense. Invited to post specials, then told no promotions allowed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Costume C,

That does sound contradictory and I can see where it would be confusing. I know they are testing this product and taking feedback now, so I'll pass this one on to Google and also see if I can get an answer for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your assistance!