My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Please help.... My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company is Turn Beautiful in Brighton. When searching beauty salon Brighton, I dont appear, I did a couple of days ago. 

I've read that someone may have edited the listing and that's why it may not be showing, so just wondering how to find that out. But any help with this would be much appreciated. No idea what to do or where to go from here

kind regards

Jennifer Turner

www.turnbeautiful.co.uk

Re: Please help.... My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jennifer T,

The reason why your location isn't popping up isn't necessarily the address issue, it's simply because Google does not have enough data points out there on the web to be confident in presenting someone searching for a local salon for your location. You haven't done anything wrong, and I'm sure this will change over time as your website gets updated with more info and your other social accounts keep growing.

I like to think of Google like high school, the more other kids (the web) are talking about you, and the more popular (relevant) the kid talking about you is (links and data points on the web), the more popular (relevant) you become, therefore you will be known more commonly at your school (local market).

Here's a tip: Create some 'Collections' within your Google My Business Profile that talk about your salon and it's location. This could help having it pop up for what we call non-branded searches (i.e. generic local searches like salon near me, ice cream shop near me, pub with soccer game on, etc.)

Feel free to reach out to me if you need more detailed info or assistance.

Please help.... My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric, Sorry just seen your reply to this... Unfortunately it still isn't resolved.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

A search on Turn Beautiful in Brighton uk has your business listing show in the knowledge graph and map for me.

If I search maps for Beauty Salon I need to zoom in before you show up.

It looks like your details are correct, and it's a case of competition and competitiveness. What Eric said seems sound advice. Raising your profile around the web will not only help your brand but should also be a signal to Google. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Eric Lesperance

Sounds like a good idea to have some references to your surrounding like other shops to have that desired pin on Maps.

One thing I would like to know is when you talk about 'collections' within Google My Business Profile, do you mean to load some pictures up named (for example) "my neigbour store x on street 4"? This because you cannot give a description to a picture.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appear in google searches, and have won awards over the last 12 months.  I have searched on maps for beauty salon brighton... And I don't appear at all. I am on lots of tourist info things etc.... I have 22 5* reviews.

I was appearing at the top of Google until September last year, and now not at all.  Could it be something on my website?

Thank you so much for your replies so far and I have implemented everything that has been recommended. I think it's frustrating as I was appearing without a problem