AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Photo on Google listing not changing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm trying to change the photo that appears in the google search but it doesn't work.

I successfully changed the address, summary, etc. But the new photos i uploaded to My Google business dashboard don't appear. Instead a random photo of one of the employees is shown as the first photo in my listing, it seems like the search engine chose that photo, for some reason . Any thoughts of how I can at least direct the search engine to a better photo on my website?  Even better, how I can override that photo search and make the listing take one of the photos I uploaded.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Triasima A
June

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Triasima A - unfortunately you can't choose which image will be displayed only upload quality fresh photos.

The only other option is to remove all of the photos and this can be done by either removing it from your website or blocking Google from crawling the images in your robots.txt file. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Triasima A
June

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Triasima A - unfortunately you can't choose which image will be displayed only upload quality fresh photos.

The only other option is to remove all of the photos and this can be done by either removing it from your website or blocking Google from crawling the images in your robots.txt file. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We updated the photo we wanted to be seen on the profile as the main photo by making it our cover photo