1.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Our restaurant not showing on Google Maps App but does on Google maps desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have verified our restaurant and all seems fine on Google maps desktop when we search restaurants on S. Blackwell Street in Durham, NC.  However, when we search for the same phrase on the Google maps app, our restaurant isn't showing up.  Restaurant name is called Wedgie's Sandwich Shop.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I bet it won't make you feel better to know that I didn't see you for searches on mobile maps or desktop search [restaurants near blackwell st durham nc]. 

Sorry.

Looks like there's a trend to show less results to users instead of appearing comprehensive. Only Burger seems to be eating your lunch (excuse the pun). Since they are nearly on top of your location, they win. Moe's, Basan Bull, the Bullpen, and, to a lesser extent, Tobacco Road (it is in the text list, but the icon doesn't get a label). 

Frighteningly, it is only showing 4 results for that search, which makes me question if there are even other restaurants on that street. There clearly are. And paging through results does nothing useful. I appreciated the 'measles' UI that would show everything, even if not appearing in the text list on the left. 

Out of the four dropped results, Wedgie's has the least number of reviews. Though, Only Burger doesn't have the most.

Try searching your phone number on Google, and then search the phone number of your neighbors. Looks like the others have their phone number on more sites than you do. Additionally, your phone number is missing from the tenants site, where you're listed, but without the number. 

Those things may help you appear. I assume that Google is showing the most prominent restaurant first and dropping the rest. Note that you do appear #2 [sandwich near blackwell st durham nc] - so there's something to smile about, I hope. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Are you asking about this listing https://goo.gl/maps/ZFjXBeeU3nz 

it seem having a different name as mentioned by you?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes - that's the one, Helmut.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks @Joel H

@Robbie W

But in this case I'm not the guy to help here much more because I don't get the veggies on either circumstances: searching from desktop nor on my Mobile.

I think similar as Joel but slightly different perhaps:

I am using from Germany any different data center as @Robbie W is using them in the US:

likely he gets an other data center if searching on a mobile compared to searching on a desktop- just my thoughts ;-)