AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Our google reviews have been removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI MargeretO,

I had 149 5 star reviews on my Google Reviews which suddenly became 95! Customers did not remove them. I did have many that were listed as "Google User" and they went back about 5-6 years. But they are real and really meaningful and they show a long term history of great reviews - not just the last 2-3 years. How can I get them back? www.afishman.com

thanks for your time. Josh Fishman

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Our google reviews have been removed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Josh F

Your situation is different to Jordan's so I've moved your post to a separate thread.

Google recently decided to discount reviews that were old and anonymous. AFAIK there was no official announcement about it, but if you check any other listing you should find the anonymous reviews gone. 

I can see reviews from 6 years ago that remain on the account, so if you weren't seeing them a few days ago perhaps this was part of the transition.

https://goo.gl/maps/vTe3yZ1LQNq

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog