Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Our company name vs what is actually being searched for

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently started getting calls for car hydraulic system work and parts and when running a particulary popular name for such businesses I noticed that is is extremely similar to ours. People are search for "American Hydrualics" and our name is "American Precision Hydraulics". There are several hundred American Hydraulic companies in the USA apparently and only one American Precision Hydraulics which is us and we ONLY do aerospace assembly. When they search for the American Hydraulics, Google Buisness directory and maps shows us and only us. We get many calls on a weekly basis as no one cares to looks at the category listed under our name. How do we get Google search to not bring this up unless the words "American Precision" or "American Precision Hydraulics" are in an exact match?

Our business is:
American Precision Hydraulics
5601 Research Drive

Huntington Beach, CA 92649

PH: 714-903-8610

1 Expert replyverified_user

Our company name vs what is actually being searched for

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Judith S

Google is looking to find the best options for answers to people's queries. In your case, it's unfortunate. 

In your case, I'd recommend adding a word such as Aerospace to the end of the business name as a qualifier and clarifier. Google will probably still list your business with the others for a while, so the name will help convey your message.  Over time, your business should show less and less in those types of searches.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog