AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Our businesses have 4 seperate departments across 2 sites locally to eachother

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi there,
I keep processing changes on Google Maps but it seems they are being reviewed for ages rather then being authorised. we need to split our business departments up correctly as customers keep getting wrong opening hours, wrong locations etc. can you assist?
I set up a thread on the google maps forum but they advised to post here (https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/maps/YvAnU9KmivU/w2U...)
thank you, Jake
1 Expert replyverified_user

Our businesses have 4 seperate departments across 2 sites locally to eachother

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jake,

Please, provide the business name and its address.

Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Re: Our businesses have 4 seperate departments across 2 sites locally to eachother

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks!

ok it would be easier to explain verbally but I will attempt to type it as clearly as possible.

our business is Alan Day Volkswagen. we have 3 different sites but currently trying to sort the Southgate branch and its departments.

we have a "commercial sales" site, an "Aftersales car & van" site, a "Car sales" department, and a "parts department". the importance of having these all split is we all have different working hours, points of contact, and reviews etc.

can you assist I don't mind putting all the edits in place but they just keep getting declined or postponed.

thanks, jake

Re: Our businesses have 4 seperate departments across 2 sites locally to eachother

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jake M,

Have you try to create the listings through Google My Business or through Google Maps?

Google My Business allows the business owners, or authorized representatives, to create individual listings for the business' departments as long as they have their own specific categories and telephone numbers.

Please, take a look at the Departments within other business, universities, or institutions section to see what Google has in mind.

I can see how it should not be problem to have a separate listing for the Parts or Repair Shop departments, but I am not sure if they would allow separate listings for the different aspect of vehicle sales, there are no specific categories for them.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Could you please provide the address of the Southgate branch?

Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi bud, thank you for the reply.

the thing is the departments all open all different times, different managers, feedback forms, complaints proceedures, etc but they have the same address.

the address is:

pinkham way

north circular road

London, southgate

N11 3UT

feel free to pass me your number if you would prefer me to call you as it seems typing it will cause confusion? thanks