AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Organisation, not business, and wrong address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I am the president of a non-profit organisation, the French Alliance in Bergen, Norway. Our web site is at france-bergen.no. Somehow, the Google robot trawled the web and found one of our activities, a French conversation group, and reckoned it was a business. This group meets in the bar at a hotel, but is in no way affiliated with it. On Google maps, searching for "Alliance Française Bergen" returns one hit, with the address and telephone number of that hotel. This is not our number, not our address, and the name "Alliance Française : Parlons Français" is just one monthly activity, not the organisation. On top, we are not a business with clients and opening hours ... So there are a couple of issues here. I "claimed" this to be be my business, and have a verification code sent to the address (the hotel) in order to gain access to change all that, but I don't know if I can change everything completely: the address, telephone number, kind of business, and most of all, if we are at all eligible to be registered like that. 

Thanks for confirmation.

Daniel Jung

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @whatqnavry

I would like helping you.

But unfortunately I can't  find any  related listing if doing what you said " searching for "Alliance Française Bergen" returns one hit, with the address and telephone number of that hotel" 

Please provide the URL of the according GMaps lsisting or (at least) a screen grab showing the result

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Organisation, not business, and wrong address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for the swift reply, @Helmut Geissler. I took a screenshot before reporting it as being an error. When I tried again now, I got no hits, then a hit on NRK, the Norwegian Broadcasting Company. This is weird. I enose the two screenshots. Thank you very much.Screenshot_2018-02-24-17-12-24.png

Screenshot_2018-02-24-22-12-36.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm afraid  - but I can't get any result like your "Alliance Française, Zander Kaaes gate 6, 5018 Bergen, Norway"  neither on my desktop nor on my Android.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think they might actually have removed the listing in the meantime. I claimed "ownership of the company", applied for a verification code and then reported an "error with this listing". I got an email confirmation that I submitted it as "junk" which I never did. I don't know if they have completely removed the listing or if it is on hold in some way. And I dont know if our organisation should be listed there at all. My concern was that the information was plainly wrong. Now there is none, apparently. I wonder if I will get the verification code at all now.