AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Only 1 Thumbnail for Virtual Tour

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

All my Google virtual tours create 2 thumbnails to a businesses virtual tour on their knowledge chart, like the image seen here. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.18.50 AM.png

However, I have several businesses that no matter what I do, the published tour only produces 1 thumbnail to the tour.  Here is one of those cases.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.21.08 AM.png

Are there any business owners or google TIPs that has encountered this issue and resolved it?

Thanking you in advance.

j.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@joe W  I have not had it react like that but can tell you there is no trick to showing what thumbnail to display. It depends on what else is on the profile. But the interesting thing that I just found is you can get two different results based on how you get to the listing. Check out this link based on searching for "Keating automotive Hamden ct" click on the knowledge panel then the pictures and you do not get a tabbed result. Then if you search for Gas station Hamden CT you get the list result. When you select from the list result and click on pictures you get tabbed results and more photos. so in effect, there are two somewhat different listing views based on how you get there.

My point is all you can do it contribute content and see how they display it over time. They have discontinued the see inside option also that may be visible on an old listing. If you did it for a client they need to know that the results configurations can and do change over time and amount of content.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

I think it may depend on if the exterior 360 is recognized as a 360.  The exterior pano is not that far from the front door and may not appear as exterior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have access to the listing try moving the marker closer to the front door. Being in the centre of the business may be too far from the road. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

I do have access.  I have set the exterior image far outside the structure and the rest of the images inside the structure.