5.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Notifications not coming through to correct email address

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've transferred ownership of multiple businesses under one email address. Due to the businesses being hotels I want the hotel owner to receive email notifications so have set them up as a manager (which has been verified) & changed the notification delivery to their email address:

Settings.png

I thought that this was all set up in the right way but I (as the owner of the page) am still receiving email notifications. Why is this not working?

Thanks

Darroch

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Notifications not coming through to correct email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Darroch The notifications will always sent to the Google account of the page owner of a certain business page. Never sent to an "admin only account"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Google business layout and setup contradicts what you have said as the screenshot above allows you to input an email address for notification delivery.

Why have this when it doesn't matter?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Maybe I misunderstood you;

My (still correct) answer is meant as:

any notification sent by GoogleMyBusiness ABOUT any facts or "events" happening WITH a certain business page will sent to the page owner.
Great sample:
if a business page gets a review (from whom ever) GoogleMyBusiness will sent a notification mail to inform about this "event" the page owner.
They will not sent such a mail notification to any of the defined "admin-of-the-page-only"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your response although it leaves me confused as to the point of choosing a different email address for notification delivery when this doesn't work.