2.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing we're closed when we are closed for a whole week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Entering and showing special hours works like a charm but I do have one small complaint.

When my business is closed for a whole week (or longer) it shows nothing at all. No "closed this week" or "Reopens february 8" or something like that. So when customers google our business they don't know that they've found the fact that it is closed for the week.

Or am I doing something wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maarten D
December 2015

Re: Not showing we're closed when we are closed for a whole week

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Maarten D

That's great Maarten as it provides the bug happens in connection with special hours (closing entire days) 

I made a screenshot from  this actual situation giving us the proof of a bug.

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 22.43.10.png

Please revert it back to the status of the special hours from today morning (being closed from 14th of Dec for two weeks the business through "special hours")

I will escalate it as soon as possible -  unfortunately the holiday will avoid to get it fixed soon. - I guess.

As work around it might be helpful just to close the standard hours  from Monday to Sunday - in order avoid your customers getting confused and to change the hours again after the first week of Jan.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maarten D

I can see in the cached version of the page, it says Closed Today, but like you say, not visible on page.

Q: Have you set normal hours ?

Holiday hours only show when you have set your normal business hours

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I have set them.
I haven't changed anything in the last week and everything worked perfectly.
When you expanded the dropdown next to 'closed today' and there was more than 1day opened in the coming week it showed: closed, closed ,closed, open from.. to.. closed, closed etc. but as I said; when we're closed for at least the next 7 days, you can't see any info in the box nest to the search results.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Maarten D & @Tim Capper

I can't see on the G+ business page plus.google.com/+DeltaGent any normal hours specified.

But I can  see on MapMaker for the business some  normal hours specified:

Working hours
Monday - Thursday
9:00pm - 12:00am
Tuesday - Friday
12:00am - 5:00am

Means: I 'm pretty confused about this discrepancy and suspect that for what ever reason there is somethings wrong with your GMB page in your dashboard.
Can you please provide a screenshot showing the page and its actual specified content?
Thanks in advance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I took pics of both places where I can edit hours.

Pic1 and Pic2

But I'm wondering, the lack of info when we're closed all week, I this something only my business has or does everyone have that lack? I was assuming the latter and came here to kind of report a bug/missing feature.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Maarten D

it could well be a kind of bug - but you are the first having reported such an issue. So we need to investigate more.

Now and having your two screenshots I can investigate more on my end and will do it with pages I'm the manager of them

I ask you also to help us investigating:

Can you please deleted your special hours for the next few days -lets say until Tuesday-  to check whether at least the normal hours will appear again on your page.

Thank you and have a nice weekend 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Maarten D

I seem able to replicate the supposes bug - but will wait for several reason to escalate it until  Tuesday.

As you closed from 14th of Dec for two weeks the business through "special hours"

and as your standard opening hours have been specified Monday to Friday but left out the weekend as in the "normal reality" it bit hard to compare your results with the one of my sample page just for this weekend!

I get like you for your business neither any hours displayed nor  any hint you are closed (as due to the "special hours")

For my own test business I have standard opening hours all the day of the week and I now have added special hours from 19th of Dec to 22th of December  (as "closed" 24h).

As result I don't get for your business the actual opening hours displayed (as there are no for this weekend) but i also  dont get the hint you are closed (considering this a bug)

On my own sample it's  slightly  different:

Despite of having specified  "standard opening hours" all the day of the week including the weekend and I now having added special hours from 19th of Dec to 22th of December  as "closed" 24h I get my "standard opening hours" displayed  - despite it shouldn't due to the specified "special closing" 19th - 22th

I will now wait what happens with your business on Monday as well with my own business and if there still isn't any effect regarding the "special hours" as  closed I will escalate it to Google as a bug to fix.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so I have deleted the entries for monday and tuesday and after having waited 5 hours(and changing nothing else) they are now again showing hours/closing days in the box next to search... (link one more time)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maarten D
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Maarten D

That's great Maarten as it provides the bug happens in connection with special hours (closing entire days) 

I made a screenshot from  this actual situation giving us the proof of a bug.

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 22.43.10.png

Please revert it back to the status of the special hours from today morning (being closed from 14th of Dec for two weeks the business through "special hours")

I will escalate it as soon as possible -  unfortunately the holiday will avoid to get it fixed soon. - I guess.

As work around it might be helpful just to close the standard hours  from Monday to Sunday - in order avoid your customers getting confused and to change the hours again after the first week of Jan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for veryfing this with me, Helmut.
Saw the apperent bug and wanted to do something back for google by reporting it.

Can't seem te set 'closed' every day in regular hours as that reverts to not having added regular hours but no problem, it's been made quite clear on facebook that we're closed. (It's a bar by and for the students of the engineering faculty of the University of Gent and they all should be studying now anyways ;))