Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing up on Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, not having any luck showing up on google maps when searching for hot tubs. Many of our competitors show up even if they are much farther away. The only time I show up is if you type in the city or zip code, not when you type just hot tubs???

My business is named The Backyard Fun Store. 730 Pulaski Hwy Bear, De 19701 302-328-0800 www.thebackyardfunstore.com

thanks for any help with this...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not showing up on Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bob

One thing I can see that may be interfering here is G thinks there is another spa company by a different name at the same place.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/730+Pulaski+Hwy,+Bear,+DE+19701,+USA/@39.6443245,-75.6410041,17z/d...

G will only show businesses it's confident in, and my guess is this Google listing plus all the others make your specific business less certain.
https://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=Backyard%20Paradise...

If the other business does not exist anymore, then mark the listing as closed and clean up all those other listings for the other pool store. It looks like the other business name has far more mentions / citations on the web than BYFS, so consider building out a number of quality listings.

I can also see a couple of variations in the spelling of the business name "Backyard" vs "Back Yard", even on your own website.

The signage on the streetview also indicates a different business name to what is on the listing. If you've updated the signage from Sep 2014, might also be good to include a photo of your shopfront in your photo album. The photo of the garage doesn't jive with hot tubs.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Not showing up on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you , I will try your suggestions....