2.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing up on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name is Guenther Group. We're looking to more readily show up on Google Maps and get better SEO results.

Business address is 3444 California AVE SW, Seattle, WA  98116

Business phone number is -- 206.550.8985

Not sure of my Google+ URL

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not showing up on Google Maps

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Kelly G,

I would recommend this page for more information on showing up in local search. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nope... that didn't help. If I type in Guenther Group on a service, it often won't show up on social media sites, etc. that use Google Maps. Nothing to do with prominence or relevance -- it's the exact name of the company. And the information on Google Maps, if I go to it directly, is also incorrect. Kelly Guenther kelly@guenthergroup.com www.guenthergroup.com vimeo.com/guenthergroup 206.550.8985

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Kelly,

What were you hoping to see yourself under when you search on Google? I honestly couldn't tell what your business does by visiting your website for a few minutes. I guess I've never heard of a professional storyteller before so I wasn't really sure what you were hoping to rank for on Google.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Kelly G

Adding to what @ElizabethP & @JoyHawkins said my own two cents:

you wrote at the beginning here this "Business name is Guenther Group. We're looking to more readily show up on Google Maps and get better SEO results."

I did not found such a business name on MapMaker.

But I found instead this 

3444 California Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA 98116, USA

and searching now for "Guenther Group Studios near seattle" I get you:

Screenshot 2016-01-15 at 18.52.43.png

What search query are you using -  not getting this business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut -- In Instagram or Twitter it's not popping up. Also when I do get Guenther Group Studio to pop up, info is wrong. For instance we're a comms agency and we do video production as well. The number should be my mobile one, etc. Kelly Guenther guenthergroup.com 206.550.8985

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We're a communications agency. And we tell stories -- mainly corporate ones. Of course, that is covered on the front page of the site. Kelly Guenther kelly@guenthergroup.com www.guenthergroup.com vimeo.com/guenthergroup 206.550.8985

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

sorry  @Kelly G

we are not helping here on Instagram or Twitter issues. This is the GoogleMyBusiness (GMB) Forum.

The page I'm referring to and provided the above screenshot of it is based on a verified business page: plus.google.com/109774095037845972003.

The page owner managing this page can edit and change any of its content through his dashboard

And again:

there is no such GMB business page for the name you mentioned as "Guenther Group" - at least not at or near the address you mentioned "Business address is 3444 California AVE SW, Seattle, WA  98116".

Are you the owner of the above page verified business page: plus.google.com/109774095037845972003 ? 

If not try finding in your company the owner. In case you can't find him but the business needs to regain the control over the  page there are means to do this.

For the moment and as the page is a verified page its content is to consider as the true and verified content of the business page owner 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm the owner but didn't create this page, which is why this is odd. Might also be why there's a Studios in the name. And Google Maps is the engine for the social media feeds. Been told that a few times. Having it be accurate and work consistently is what I'm trying to achieve. Kelly Guenther guenthergroup.com 206.550.8985

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
In case you are really the owner of the above page verified business page: plus.google.com/109774095037845972003 yo can manage it and change its content through your dashboard (business.google.com/manage)..

Please provide
- one screenshot showing business.google.com/manage and then
- a second one after clicking the blue button "MANAGE LOCATION" and
- the a third one after a click on "EDIT" showing all its content