Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing up on Google Maps for certain key searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a somewhat newer (opened Oct 2015) location of my client's orthodontic practice to show as a result on Google Maps for terms like "west seattle orthodontist" and "orthodontist west seattle." They do show up for terms using "in" or "near", but not without them.

Business name: Peralta Orthodontics: Jorge Peralta DDS, PS

Address: 4700 42nd Ave SW, Ste 555, Seattle, WA 98116

Phone: 206.938.3100

G+: https://plus.google.com/+PeraltaOrthodonticsJorgePeraltaDDSPSSeattle/about

I have tried changing their city to West Seattle on GMB and all other directory listings, as well as wherever it is mentioned on their site. West Seattle is technically not the city (it's more an area of Seattle), so I know that creates a bit of a roadblock.

Any advice on what else I can do to get them to show up for these terms that the client is very adamant about?

Thanks,

Stephanie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not showing up on Google Maps for certain key searches

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie

Another roadblock that I see is the fact your client is apparently in two places at once :) I see that he splits his time between two locations, which is perfectly fine but having the exact same opening times for both is going to cause Google some trust issues.

And certainly searching for just "Peralta Orthodontics Seattle" I noticed a lot more returns for the other location - which obviously has the greater level of trust in Google's eyes.

Also you've given both locations the same amount of weight on your website- they're both in the footer and they both appear on the same contact us page.

if you'd like the 'west seattle' page to appear more prominently then it needs to be pulled out into a separate location page so you can do more organic seo on the term. Plus, the primary location (where he spends most of his time and/or the location he wishes to prioritise )should be in the footer otherwise equal weight is going to continue to apply.

And finally, have a chat with your client about when he is 'actually' at his various locations and make the appropriate changes.

Just my 2 cents worth - some of the other forum members may have some more pointers.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog