6.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Not coming up first, even when searching the exact business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Community! My business, ShoeShop Haight Street, is not showing up on the right hand side of the page when I google the exact name, as my other businesses do. I know that the name "ShoeShop" may be searched by users when looking for our specific store or other shoe stores in the area, but I'm wondering if there's still a way to make our page info come up when the name is searched exactly. The same thing happens when you search the name in Google Maps: it shows all shoe stores on our street, rather than the exact business. Please help!

Thanks,

Lauren

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not coming up first, even when searching the exact business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lauren G

As you've mentioned the term 'shoe shop' can mean someone is looking for either your shop by name or shoe shops in general, which will make it harder for the Knowledge Panel to appear.

however, I was able to get it to appear by searching for "ShoeShop Haight Street" (no quotes) - Google did auto correct to "Shoe Shop Haight Street" and I had to select that I wanted my original query.

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 6.21.57 PM.png

Given how similar your brand name is to a generic local search though, it will be difficult to get this result on a regular basis.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog