3.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

No Trash Can on Google Business Images - Can't Delete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I help run a google business page and we are having a large amount of trouble removing out of date photos, 

We are a car dealership and the cars in said images are now several years old and therefore irrelevant to our business. 

Full business name: Tynan Motors Sutherland Subaru Honda Kia 

Current Business Address: 642 Old Princes Hwy, Sutherland, AU 

Current Number: (02) 8545 8888

I try to remove them through various means,  

• Google business listing 
  • Photo editor 
  • Google + page

But all to no avail, 

These are the two images in question. No trash cans or anything.

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.18.03 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.18.20 am.png

Below you can see the business page, Google + account and photo manager, on the account and business page the outdated images are still there despite obviously uploading newer ones. 

If you look closely at the below photos the outdated images are still there!

]Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.18.34 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.19.04 am.png

As you can see in the photo editor the photos don't show up which essentially leaves us stuck.

IScreen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.19.44 am.png

After logging multiple support calls with Google and going through 'Report Abuse' so many times I was finally informed that they cannot and will not delete it because it is 'relevant to the business' and does not violate any policy which essentially means we're stuck with an old image. 

Please don't suggest calling Google as I said they will not do anything. 

What can we do to have these two images deleted?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Trash Can on Google Business Images - Can't Delete

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jack

I've also found this page: https://plus.google.com/111950667795234974542/which has one of those photos.

Can you log in as that user and delete the offending images?

As well, I found this one: 

https://plus.google.com/+TynanHondaSutherland/  Doesn't have photos, but should be cleaned up anyway.  You want one and only one local page representing your local business.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

As an addition to @Margaret O  answer.

You used to be able to do a hard refresh on the image page (Ctrl + F5) and the Trash icon would appear, give it a go

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this didnt work and im trying to remove this image https://business.google.com/b/104173942028048903670/photos/l/00440690517600698424?hl=en

no trash can

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Todd E
Unfortunately I can't see that image, as it's a link to an image on your dashboard.  Can you find the public link to it via maps?

And which Tynan Motors listing in particular?

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

N/A
# 6
N/A

Hello! Did you have luck deleting the images?  There are images Google used from our website (they are not ones we uploaded to our google account) and I can't get rid of them.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It’s quite ridiculous that not only can one not delete some photos that are apparently placed by google themselves, but also that this is not made clear, so one does not spend hours trying to figure that out. Despite uploading a so-called cover page, googles phot, randomly taken form my website still appears as the ONLY one seen on the business listing, unless you delve deeper.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It’s quite ridiculous that not only can one not delete some photos that are apparently placed by google themselves, but also that this is not made clear, so one does not spend hours trying to figure that out. Despite uploading a so-called cover page, googles phot, randomly taken form my website still appears as the ONLY one seen on the business listing, unless you delve deeper.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You are correct @Henry T

But you can report the image.

screenshot-www.google.co.uk-2017-08-03-20-24-04.png

Yes business need to keep an eye on their listings as I fear with the crowd sourcing that Google is undertaking things are only going to get worse.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership