AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

New to Google Business - Random non-customer review???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So I've used Google for everything since the first Nexus phone came out... I use Calendar and Drive and Documents... so I decided to start a Google Business account for my business (tutoring)... why not?

I am the sole proprietor and the only employee, so I meet every single one of my clients, of which I've had less than 30 since I started. Which is why it irked me when a random gentleman from Pakistan decided to leave me a one-star review not soon after I had my business appear on Maps. I go to his Google+ page and see everything is in a foreign language. He also left a 2 star review for a Pakistani Taxi Cab Company. Those are his only two reviews. 

I've never met the man, and so I figured I could contact Google Support and get this all figured out.

Oh boy... was I in for a surprise. There is basically no such thing as Google Support (which worries me a bit as I've just ordered the new Pixel XL... but I digress)

So now I'm stuck with the first and only review of my business from a random guy from Pakistan I've never met. I was going to invite my current clients to leave reviews but now I can't because they'll go to my site and see this ugly blemish.

What can I do? I've looked into subpoenaing Google for info on the guy... or trying to get a defamation thing going on but everything is leading to a DEAD END... I feel like I have no options... anyone... please... HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dave K

the best advise I can give oyu not knowing oyur business and the review in question would be to respond as ownr making clear you never met the guy an never had clients from Pakistan yet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I guess we all want reviews especially for a brand new business.  But careful what you wish for.  I think most folks would understand that that is a bent review.  Helmut has the answer if Google gives you no joy...