3.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

New owner remove reviews from old owner / old business name/DBA/LLC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering if you could help me out with the same issue. My client purchased a company and did change its name which, form what I read in the guidelines, this is an approved reason to have the reviews removed. here are the 2 locations:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=gateway%20learning%20centers&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rl...

and

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=gateway%20learning%20centers&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rl...

I understand that all of the reviews both good and bad will be removed and I am fine with that.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New owner remove reviews from old owner / old business name/DBA/LLC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cory B, one of the TCs can probably escalate that for you, but might be able to get it taken of more quickly by going straight to Google support on twitter or Facebook. You're right, in your circumstance you should have no trouble getting those reviews removed, so it shouldn't be a big deal getting that taken care of. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi @Cory B,

I've requested the removal of the reviews that do not pertain to the current company. I'll keep you posted when I hear back from my team.

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Cory,

Can you send me the links for both locations? The team came back and it looks like the links you sent through are pointing to the same location. They're working on the reviews for that one now.

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Great, thanks! I just sent this link through to the team, and I will provide you with an update as soon as the reviews have been removed.

Best,
Liz

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Cory,

The reviews have been removed, and I submitted a request to remove the snippets from the old reviews that show up in search. Typically, this takes about a week, and I don't always hear back once they've been pulled down.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Elizabeth P,

Can you do the same for my business? We took over an already existing dental practice but under new ownership with new dentists and would like to remove all reviews prior to Jan 1, 2016.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS510US510&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#...

Please help, I can not figure out how to contact google any other way : (

Meghan

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Meghan,

In the future, please go ahead and start your own thread by clicking back up to the top level board, and clicking the red/pink + sign in the lower right hand corner.

I have requested the removal of the reviews in question on your behalf and will let you know when I hear back from our team.

Thanks,
Liz

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Cory,

The reviews for the prior business have been removed. Hope this helps!

Liz