My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

New Google+ Update doesnt show our Reviews!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since switching over to the new Google+, our landing page https://plus.google.com/+AllensDryNCleanCarpetCleaningVirginiaBeach/about and https://plus.google.com/+AllensDryNCleanCarpetCleaningVirginiaBeach/ - both do not show our reviews anywhere and no one can leave a review like they were able to before the switch.  Where can we point our customers now to show them our reviews and for them to leave us a review?

6 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: New Google+ Update doesnt show our Reviews!?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Reviews will no longer be shown on Google+ Pages in the new Google+ design. Reviews are still accessible on Google Search and Maps which have always been the primary way that users find business reviews.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Robert,
I have escalated this issue to Google employees to see if this is a permanent change or the reviews might come back as they keep implementing features in the new Google+.
For now, point them to the business listing on Maps or Web search

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! We have worked so hard to get our 124 reviews over the years!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Robert,

There is a tool that was created today to help you get a link to send to your customers to leave a review: http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-reviews/38343-google-reviews-hacks-creating-review-url-strings...

I don't think reviews will be coming back to the Google Plus pages - it seems Google is migrating GMB away from Google Plus

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks for sharing that post Joy.

Actually there is a tiny ray of hope that some of the missing features from Local pages could come back.

From a trusted colleague and active member here: Ben Fisher on G+ said

"Google IS Listening - Give Feedback

I just got off a call with Google. During the call I asked what he thought about the new G+. The response was "It is more intuitive and faster".

I then asked what about the missing elements from Pages and Profiles?

His response was "Google has not rolled out all the functionality yet,  we can expect quite a few features to make it back into the new design - especially for local pages."

He also encouraged users to provide feedback!"

Now I don't know if one of those features is reviews. But as much emphasis as Google puts on reviews and images, seems odd they would remove them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll chime in with what I've been learning over the past few weeks. We built a WordPress plugin to serve Google Reviews on your WordPress website (https://wordimpress.com/plugins/google-places-reviews-pro/) . Within the past two weeks we suddenly had roughly 30% of our users saying that they could no longer get reviews using our plugin. The pattern that emerged was that those who did not have their Business tied to a physical address were no longer able to serve Reviews via the API. But those businesses that had their physical address verified and showing on Google Maps still continue to have reviews.

How that affects their new G+ profile (as Robert raised the question) I'm not sure.

All this together, I really would expect a representative from Google to have an official statement on the current state of Business Reviews, and at least a hint at the future.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Reviews will no longer be shown on Google+ Pages in the new Google+ design. Reviews are still accessible on Google Search and Maps which have always been the primary way that users find business reviews.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the reply. So this means that G+ Businesses that do not have a verified physical address are no longer going to be able to have Reviews. Is that correct? That's the issue that we're recognizing as of the last couple weeks. Again, thanks for your reply in advance.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Any business on Google Maps can have reviews regardless of whether it's verified or not. That is unchanged and is not affected by the new Google+ design.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, but I think you misunderstood my question. Previously Google Verified Businesses that had G+ Pages and did NOT have a verified address on their page (meaning not on Google Maps) could have reviews. But now it seems that ONLY those G+ Business Profiles that have physical addresses can have reviews served via the API. At least that's the experience of a lot of our plugin customers. I hope that clarifies my question, I don't mean to beleaguer the point, just want to clarify so I can respond to our users appropriately. Thanks again!