5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

New Gold Medal Showing Up in Google Local Search Results??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeing a gold medal with a "1" in the center of it showing up in a West Palm Beach, FL local search result for a Medical Malpractice Lawyer. Is this new? I can't find any reference to it in any of the forums or articles. 

If it is indeed new does anyone know how to go about getting it? Could it be they are just adding this to their business name and getting it to show up? Any thoughts on that being legit? 

Any info is appreciated! 

Josh  Part of the listing.Part of the listing.

Search Link

Name of Business: 🥇Percy Martinez - Medical Malpractice Lawyers 

Example of the Gold MedalExample of the Gold MedalAs Shown in the Listing ResultsAs Shown in the Listing Results

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joshua G
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Josh,

Yes they just added it to their name. 2nd time I've seen this happen today. It's a new kind of spam. You aren't supposed to add anything to the actual business name.

I edited it out but it might take a couple others as well before it actually gets removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Linda, 

Thanks for the assistance. That makes sense now. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I also suggested the edit to "Percy Martinez Law Office". They have multiple other listings with the same name in Orlando and Miami.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The question I have is how in the world do these people figure this crap out?!  LOL There is always something new popping up...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know right! I reverse image searched that medal picture and was like wow, Google bought that on a stock photography site... But now I realize. Maybe I could suggest a biz name edit with a donkey icon before the name lol. 

Experts in the Topic
Linda Buquet