Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Need "By appointment only" option for business hours

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

This is a feature request.

Many businesses are open by appointment only. Please add a option in the hours section that allows businesses that operate in this fashion to indicate so without requiring the user to leave Google. 

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Need "By appointment only" option for business hours

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Shannah P,

Thanks so much for the request. I will send this on to our team--they are always working to improve the product, and welcome feedback from users. 

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Best,
Liz

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes - Please implement an Hours option for "By appointment Only" I have listed our busienss as a service area and indicated that we don't accept customers at our location. Since we are often out on service calls, we are not at our location anyway and the hours are misleading.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
This is a very important option for my business. I have set hours on some days but open by appointment only on other days. When I cannot set hours, my business shows "CLOSED" when searched on Google. I am not really closed but customers must have an appointment. But the customers see closed and do not call for the appointment.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes!! for my business we have hours of operation and would also like to add "Extended hours by appointment" and we are not able to. Maybe under hours there can be a way to add a note or something that one can type their own message as to the hours needed and can be shown under hours of operation on google maps as well.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I would also benefit by appointment only hours

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I would also like to suggest in addition to By Appointment Only, that we are allowed to put in only the days we are closed and not mark when we are open. This is beneficial for companies where hours vary widely but certain days are never open.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
HEY Elizabeth, Please allow small businesses like ours who can sell directly to the public, but we do not have store front, we make a breakfast cereal that we wholesale all over, but we also have a small hut where neighbors and people passing through might want our product, but we want them to e-mail us first or call us. Thank you!! Mike Shuster

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Thanks, all, for the feedback! I have sent this on to the product team. We really appreciate hearing from users!

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"by appointment only" used to be an option several years ago. I'm skeptical it'll come back since it was obviously removed on purpose.