AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Need by appointment only option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have searched online to see if there was any update on adding 'By Appointment Only' on the Google My Business profiles. I would like to reiterate the real need to have this for service-based industries such as myself. We travel and go out of designated business location to go on-site. I myself do not have a secretary and helper/assistant that stays continually in the office/studio. For many of us, our hours are far longer than standard office or restaurant hours and varied and complicated. We are not however in a shop location. 

Please add this small but very useful toggle for 'By Appointment Only', as being forced to have 'hours of operation' is not suitable for businesses such as ours. 

Need by appointment only option

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Norm Y - We are mostly volunteers on this forum and the request you made can be seen throughout the forum. 

Here is the guidelines write-up: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

"Certain types of businesses shouldn’t provide hours, including those with varied hours (like schedules for different types of activities, including showtimes, worship services, or classes) and those that operate only by appointment. "

Re: Need by appointment only option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan, 

Thank you for your help and the link to the URL where it indicates certain businesses should not have business hours. I just went into my account and under the 'Info' section, the hours are there by default. There is no option to not indicate the hours of operation as it is now. If I am missing another section, then I have not found it. 

It would be extremely helpful to have an option to choose 'By appointment only'. That way, the customer knows to simply call or email us. As it is, if we do not select specific hours, it says 'Closed', which gives the impression that we are not open for business, although we are. I hope this explains it clearly on why the current setup is inadequate. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.04.36 PM.png