AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

NB Removals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I have had my business on google plus for couple of years now ,i have alwyas been on top of the google search and have appeared at the number one position until recently a new business has taken over my spot,when ever i search my business with keywords this other business pops up , there is alos no post on this business its just brand new, how can i get back to this spot where my business appears, i am always updating  my listing with photos and posts , could this happen if i kept editting my business profile details thank you all

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NB R
July 2016

Re: NB Removals

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

Hi @NB R,

@Helmut Geissler and @james w has provided a wealth of smart data on what to do to help your online presence. 

I would add to remove the Rated #1 by Google. Without validating this further, it makes things worse, not better. 

Then, I would go through these and correct your site, as needed.

1) Visit Google Search Console.

2) Use the Google Develoeprs Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4.  

Please let us know what you discover and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please include the following with your question (for your business as well as for the "new business has taken over my spot"
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello
NB REMOVALS BEDFORD MAN AND VAN

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see @NB R

But frankly said I belive you are responsible for not getting your business shown up as you would like it.

According oyur website http://www.nbremovals.co.uk/  your business is named as "NB REMOVALS BEDFORD" only.

And like locksmiths  and cleaning services the man-and-van businesses are notorious for using key word stuffing - which is not allowed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Thank you for the reply
do you reccommend i change it to the exact company name
Many thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
always use the correct business name.

Anty other doing is agaist their guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank so much
so if i change it to my original name after a while when it all settles will my rank go back up , thank you

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I hope so but can't guarantee it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

There's a lot of things that go into where Google decides your business deserves to be. As Helmut said, using the wrong business name is against guidelines and can potentially even get your listing suspended for spam if it gets caught (by a competitor that decides to report you for example) but changing it is unlikely to help your rankings as they are now. What keywords are you typing in that you're hoping to appear for? bedford van hire? 

There are a lot of areas Google looks at when deciding how you should rank. You can read about it here. The short version though, how you build your website matters (what words you use, how fast it loads, how many pictures there are, and so on) how you describe your business in Facebook, Yelp, and other 3rd party directories matters (always use exactly the same name, address, and phone number. Mismatched information will hurt Google's trust in you), having good reviews matters, and getting other relevant sites to link to your site matters. Incidentally, posting on your Google+ profile for your business has pretty much been proven not to help, so the work you've done there wasn't part of your good rankings. 

One of the best things you can do for your business would be getting more good backlinks. Here's a good list of things to explore. If you decide to hire someone to help with this, know that the wrong kinds of backlinks can get you flagged for spam and tank your business rankings, so make sure you don't try and hire someone to build you links without knowing more about what their plan is. The short end though... you'll never get in trouble for links that would make sense, and that help actual people to find your site. If you help a client that has a blog and they write about the move, maybe ask for a link. If a story gets written about you, ask for a link. If you volunteer to help move and prep for a local event, ask for a link. You get the idea. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.