My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My verified business is not showing on google map.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have verified our business.

Our address is correct.

You can search using our business name and a listing shows up.

The listing does not include any location data on the map (red point marker), just a view of the general area.

Users cannot request directions to our location because google does not show a location point.

Any suggestions on how to get actual location data on our business?

BizStream
11480 53rd Ave
Suite A

Allendale, MI 49401

Thank you. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Analytics U

In the Google My Business dashboard where you edit the address, there is a line: "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" you have selected Yes to this, correct? Below that there should be a check box and a line that says "I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't checked.)"

Do you have that box checked?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi TomW,

The "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" was set to NO.  With this setting, there is not option for "I also serve customers at my business address".

I changed to YES and added the region as United States and have the box checked.  Hopefully this will take care of the issue.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Analytics U

That is interesting. It should have shown your address the way you had it set. I do see it on your live listing now though. But a couple things that might have caused the problem. I see there's a pending edit for the address in mapmaker. And it looks you might have the address in just one line in your Google My Business dashboard. It's showing on the live listing as "11480 53rd Ave a". Do you have that in the first address line?

It would be best have "11480 53rd Ave" in the first address line and then "Suite A" in the second address line.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have corrected the address many times from the "11480 53rd Ave a" to:

11480 53rd Ave
Suite A

It keeps going back.  Very frustrating.

I would agree that having the address set the way I had it should show the address, but it didn't. Again, very frustrating that we're doing things "the right way" and Google Maps just doesn't display the location.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Analytics U

Yes, I understand the frustration but we should be able to get it corrected so it's displaying properly. In the Google My Business dashboard where you edit the address, you can try moving the pin marker just slightly and then submitting the address again using the correct two line format.

If that doesn't work I would suggest talking to phone support to see if they can help. Here's where you can request a call from them: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na

And if that still doesn't work, let me know. I have another possible option.

Good luck!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Analytics U

I don't understand the issue (and btw this time don't understand the advice of @TomW - but that's not yet my point)

This is the listing of "analytics": https://maps.google.com/?cid=1485780126501495439 and it shows the address "11480 53rd Ave a, Allendale, MI 49401" (guessing the little "a" is for the "Suite A")

and we can get directions to it.

So where or what  is the exact problem? 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Helmut Geissler

@Analytics U can provide additional details but the listing was not displaying the full address when I first replied. So I assumed it was set as a SAB and that the box stating that they also served customers at their address was unchecked, so my advice was to check that box.

But that was not the case. They had selected NO to "I deliver goods and services..." yet it was still hiding their address. But they did go ahead and change NO to YES and then checked the box for "I also serve customers at my business address". This did enable the full address to show on the listing but that's when I noticed it was displaying the address as "11480 53rd Ave a" implying it was all on the first line of the address.

From their response, it appears that if they enter the address correctly (using the 2 lines) it won't accept it. I have read that some people have had luck fixing a similar issue by moving the pin marker slightly and tyring to submit the address again, but I do not know if that works for sure.

I also noticed that there are 2 pending edits on mapmaker for the address and I'm wondering if that could be possibly be causing the issue. I was going to ask @JoyHawkins for help if call support wasn't able to fix the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @TomW

I've moved the pin to our entrance and have updated the address aging with the 2 line. Looks like changes could take up to 3+ days, so we'll sit tight for the time being.  The good news is that the pin is showing up on the map now and people can use the "Get Directions" button, which they could not previously.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@TomW I checked the edits on MapMaker but they both require Google Moderation so I would suggest the user contact GMB support to help with this.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual