AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My reviews not showing up on Google Maps, please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business website (www.EarthSkillsLLC.com) is not showing the "star" reviews from my customers. It has been two weeks since I ran a plea inviting my customers to offer their opinions of my business on Google review. What do I have to do for these to show up?

I did receive a half dozen alerts from Google during that time. The alerts indicated who left a review and how many stars/testimonial they wanted to share.

----------------

EarthSkills LLC Survival School

517 Slatton Shoals Road

Pelzer, SC 29669

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I  presume you are referring about this GMaps listing: https://goo.gl/maps/S1FPd9AJAt12

And it shows the reveiw score for me.
But in case you refer to the not visible review score in the knowledege panel for thsame business:
This is an intended behavior as Google deprecated since a while showing the reveiw score for  schools, univerities etc 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Mr Geissler!

Good to know that that link exists showing the testimonials and stars we work hard to earn. But please look at this:survival schools in south carolina. It shows two schools and only one of the two displays stars (and it's not my school, but my competitor). Assuming a customer that uses the keyword search as I did above, they don't see that my school has superior ratings to my competitor(s). In other words, it is most important to any business (even for-profit schools) to display this rating on the first page of a search, more than a map link. If this was a regular "business" (which it is) instead of being under the category of school, would the star rating then show?

Still, I'm glad that those testimonials appear — no matter how hidden. I appreciate your review of this and showing me this link.

Re: My reviews not showing up on Google Maps, please help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex G

I'm afraid 

But a look at your link survival schools in south carolina. shows me just  genuine SEO results - however no GMB listings at all:

Screenshot 2018-01-07 at 15.13.52.png