Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business should appear in French instead of English

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a business in a French region and I only appear in Google Local Search if the user is in English mode.

I switch the languague in Google Map Maker for French on November 30 but it didn't have any impact on search result.

I don't see any option in Google My Business for language. My website is http://www.chirogatineau.com and my Google+ Business Page is https://plus.google.com/+ChiroGatineauCadieux.

Here is couple of screenshot:

Search in Enlgish mode

Results with my business name as keywork "Chiro Gatineau" in English

Search in French mode

Results with my business name as keywork "Chiro Gatineau", my business is not there in the first three results and if I go to the more results page, I am not there at all.

Google Map Maker

Thanks,

Nicolas

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: My business should appear in French instead of English

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Nicolas M

two remarks:

At first:

Your G+ page was created under the English Userinterface of GMB. 

This might explain its preference for users searching the business in  an English UI of GoogleSearch

secondly:

I neverthless get you if searchin with www.google.ca/?hl=fr (french UI of GoogleSearch) on page two of all results searching for Chiropracteur en Gatineau, QC :

Screenshot 2015-12-04 at 17.49.16.png

There is an other point being bad IMHO

Taking  a look onto the website of the chiropractice I very much doubt the name of the page being "Chiro Gatineau" is in compliance with their  Guidelines for representing your business on Google as this name contains the location as part of the name of the G+ page.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Nicolas M

two remarks:

At first:

Your G+ page was created under the English Userinterface of GMB. 

This might explain its preference for users searching the business in  an English UI of GoogleSearch

secondly:

I neverthless get you if searchin with www.google.ca/?hl=fr (french UI of GoogleSearch) on page two of all results searching for Chiropracteur en Gatineau, QC :

Screenshot 2015-12-04 at 17.49.16.png

There is an other point being bad IMHO

Taking  a look onto the website of the chiropractice I very much doubt the name of the page being "Chiro Gatineau" is in compliance with their  Guidelines for representing your business on Google as this name contains the location as part of the name of the G+ page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut for the quick awnser and also for your implication on the forum :-)

For the first remark: what can I do to switch the preference ? Do I have to recreate new Google Business Page throw the french Userinterface of GMB?

For the other point: Chiro Gatineau Inc. is the real name that the business is register, https://www.registreentreprises.gouv.qc.ca/RQAnonymeGR/GR/GR03/GR03A2_19A_PIU_RechEnt_PC/PageEtatRen...

Thanks again,
Nicolas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Nicolas M

1# regarding the French/English matter and your question "Do I have to recreate new Google Business Page throw the french Userinterface of GMB?"

Yes that's what we were told by Google.

2# regarding the G+ page naming: then please call the page as the business is called as "Chiro Gatineau Inc"