3.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google maps listing for camoskips.co.uk - Camoskips, Worminghall Road, Oakley, Aylesbury HP18 9UN, phone number 0845 000040,https://www.google.com/+CamoskipsUk. Is only showing up on a specific company name search. When I search under - skips HP18 it returns a rival skip operator under the same postcode but does not show us as an alternative. When I search Skips HP18 9UN it shows a rival skip operator that whilst local to us has a totally different OX prefix postcode. Please help.

George

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George J
February 2016

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keyw

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @George J

I've noticed a couple of things that should be tidied up and that might be causing the search penalty.

Firstly, do customers come to your premises to pick up the skips or do you deliver them? If the latter, then you need to change your address settings so that the full address is not shown. You do this under settings in the dashboard by selecting "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" and de-selecting "I also serve customers at my business address".

Secondly, I noticed on your website that your postal code is significantly different to the one listed on your Google business listing. This would be causing Google to have some trust issues around your business I imagine. Which postal code is the correct one?

Next, the website snippet that comes up in Google's organic search isn't very useful:

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 6.47.11 AM.png

I'd recommend getting that changed to a more meaningful snippet - one that will encourage people to click on your website.

I think there's a bit more you can do with your website too but I'll leave that for others to comment on if necessary.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your speedy reply I have implemented your changes (accept the postcode - which refers to our registered business address - will get web developer to remove) and will check progress from there. Thanks again.

George

RE: PriyaC mentioned you in The Google Advertiser Community

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sent: None
To: The Advertiser Community
Subject: RE: PriyaC mentioned you in The Google Advertiser Community

Hi Priyac,

I instigated all changes directly on receiving your mail 3 weeks ago:

I immediately de-selected : "I also serve customers at my business address".

I immediately had conflicting postcodes removed from the site.

I also immediately changed our snippet on Google My Business to: Call us on 08456 000040 for a competitive quote on all sizes of skips and RORO bins. We deliver throughout Oxon., Berks. & Bucks.

None of this has altered the fact that we are not showing up on anything but a name specific google map search (skip hire at our specific 7 string postcode doesn’t even show us marked!). The snippet also has not been uploaded.

I have consequently lost all faith in this listing process but persevere as it is of course essential for the success for our business. Could you please let me know what we can do to achieve this basic ingredient to our online presence?

Further to your comments re: our website we have recently launched a new site in order to help boost our SEO. Again with no obvious effect (though I only requested a call over a week ago).

Please help all suggestions are most welcome.

Many Thanks,

George

Camoskips

HP18 9UN

08456 000040

From: The Advertiser Community [mailto:en.advertisercommunity@advertisercommunity.com]
Sent: 07 February 2016 19:53
To: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Subject: PriyaC mentioned you in The Google Advertiser Community

Hi George J,

PriyaC (Top Contributor) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

_____

Hi @George J

I've noticed a couple of things that should be tidied up and that might be causing the search penalty.

Firstly, do customers come to your premises to pick up the skips or do you deliver them? If the latter, then you need to change your address settings so that the full address is not shown. You do this under settings in the dashboard by selecting "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" and de-selecting "I also serve customers at my business address".

Secondly, I noticed on your website that your postal code is significantly different to the one listed on your Google business listing. This would be causing Google to have some trust issues around your business I imagine. Which postal code is the correct one?

Next, the website snippet that comes up in Google's organic search isn't very useful:

I'd recommend getting that changed to a more meaningful snippet - one that will encourage people to click on your website.

I think there's a bit more you can do with your website too but I'll leave that for others to comment on if necessary.

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

_____

The Google Advertiser Community sent this message to admin@payandsleep.co.uk.
You are receiving this email because you were @mentioned.

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect your account security and privacy.

Re: RE: PriyaC mentioned you in The Google Advertiser Community

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I too, have the same problem. My business White and Associates Group LLC shows up on Google Maps in direct search but when searching for my number on key word phrase, "accountant Suwanee Ga" I am on page one in the lists but nonexistent on maps. I live in a small town and there isn't a great deal of competition for those words in my specific town. I am verified on Google My Business.
http://www.whitenassociatesgroup.com/

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+WhiteandAssociatesGroupLLCSuwanee/posts