Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, I have a business (Totally Wired Services) which has two almost separate categories listed. One is Snow Removal and one is Equipment Rental. We are a small business but we rent out electrical generators. Anyways, Whenever i search for my business it will show up for the Snow Removal category but not the generator rental category (Equipment Rental). I updated it almost 11 months ago, just wondering how long it takes to update, its hard to get business around here by word of mouth since everyone has a smart phone. Thanks. P.S. We also are large in the snow removal business, we provide both services year round.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keyw

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
My first bit of advice would be to get your website optimised for your local area and service. The page titles at the minute are looking neglected so it might be worth getting that sorted. In order to show up for generator rental, you will need to get more authority around that term. I suggest you include it in your description on your online directories and try to build some links/authority around that one term.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael M

You are appearing position 5

screencapture (98).png

As Ryan mentioned, in order to improve you would need to build your sites authority.

Worth a Read:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When you say page titles? Do you mean the actual titles of the pages on the website?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
That is correct. Your title tags.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky