AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I have some problem with my business listing on Google Maps:

This is our real estate shop:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/RealM%C3%A6glerne+Greve+%26+Solr%C3%B8d+ApS/@55.5810724,12.3019392...

Business name: Realmæglerne Greve & Solrød ApS
Phone: 43 90 00 91

https://www.realmaeglerne.dk/132

The account/profile is old and to me it seems we have done everything for our listing to be good... I have made blog updates, confirmed, put photos etc. 

But when I make a search "ejendomsmæglere i greve" (realtors in Greve) for instance - our shop does not show up between all the red markers showing our competition... When I zoom in the shop will appear to me with a blue marker. But we don't show up on the map listings from regular google searches either. Can someone please guide me to what we're doing wrong. I'm sure we're loosing customers due to not showing right here...

Please help.
Sincerely
Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael, The Google My Business page is a tool in the total process of search optimization. It is sort of the place that centralizes all the information about you on the internet and then helps decide when you will show up. So all your efforts combined will help your listing. I notice that you have a Google website. They are perfectly fine to use but one a one-page site will not help you get found in any competitive industry. There just is not enough unique relevant content about what you do to be showing up well against other companies that have 20 to 100 pages competing with you online. So a better website would help. Here are a bunch of other suggestions.

Everyone wants to be the top result which is natural, but there is a lot of effort to do it the right way that keeps you at the top. The total effort online boosts how your Google My Business page does. To rank the listing Google looks at a whole host of factors so doing all the right SEO factors will help. Look at the competition and develop a better website, have more text focused on product and local information, more video, more trust factors etc.

Google has an article on how to optimize the Google My Business listing...

In addition to this article new features are available. They have added

posts,

Videos,

owner descriptions (click on the business description section)

Service menus

You can add a lot of pictures to show what a visitor can expect when they arrive.

There is a description of each type of photo to consider adding.  I have heard you can have a pretty good quantity maybe up to 1,000 that seems crazy but tell your story about what makes you unique. 

It is a good idea to review the articles section on this community for other ideas

Consistently ask for reviews from happy customers but do not artificially push the system do it in a natural way

The website is a big signal and takes ongoing work, care and additions. and then move on to the more heavy lifting of adding content that the Google's Starter Guide to Search Engine Optimization will help with.

One of the key local SEO activities is to ensure that your Name Address and Phone number are all listed identically every place it is posted. So, each signal regarding your company gets linked back to it. All this is to just plain out work your competitors, so the user experience is good and Google “Sees” the information.

Thanks for asking,

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David

Thank you for your reply. The homepage of the business is: https://www.realmaeglerne.dk/132 - and thanks.. I'm aware that it takes some more content, which we are making on the website.. and we're actually ranking very good on some of our main keywords... Just not Google Maps... it's like it's registered as a wrong business or something... I'm 99% sure we do way more on our website regarding this than most of the competition showing on the keyword search on Maps.

Thanks for the tips though... I hope I can get more suggestions since regular SEO doesn't seem to be the problem. Tiny competitors show up on the list - seems strange.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Michael, I only clicked on the link on the listing on the Google my business page and it took me to this link. you may want to log in to the control panel and change that to the full website. Also, you may want to add your full Name Address and Phone number in the footer of each page. For more details on local search optimization things to do. One of the big factors in showing up in maps is the number of reviews. As you keep asking it will help get better visibility for your listing.

Thanks

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I am still having problems with our Google Maps listing. We keep coming up with a blue marker (Realmæglerne Greve) and only when I zoom in - whilst all our competition show up with the normal red markers. We do not appear on the left side list of real estators when searching for real estators in our area... Something in our listing seems to be wrong. We have done more to optimize than most of our competitors in the area that seem to be on there quite automatically... We do not understand why this can be...  Please help figure this out... 
Thanks for all your advise David. It seems weird that the other businesses in our big franchise Realmæglerne seem to appear fine on Google Maps when searching for them... just not our small shop/part.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 21.57.45.png