AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. When I search for my business by it’s full name, it comes up. But when I look up for microblading or permanent makeup near me it doesn’t pop up like all the other places, even when I’m close by. I listed it a couple of weeks ago and I even have an advertisement running on google. 

https://g.co/kgs/7mFRNa

1 Expert replyverified_user

My business is not showing up on Google Maps when searched by keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google has a bit of documentation on how to rank in local search. 

For the search [permanent makeup in Pinecrest, FL] I see your business as #5.

For the search [microblading in Pinecrest, FL], I didn't see your business until I focused on Pinecrest and selected Search this area. And, even then, your business was #10. That suggests Google perceives you're not very relevant for that query or have low prominence. 

The way your website is designed doesn't emphasize your services in a prominent way - you don't have specific landing pages for microblading and the content do you have is sparse and hidden behind JavaScript. That's probably something you have the greatest control over and can adjust. 

Additionally, you could suggest your clients that have had those services talk about their experience with those services in online reviews. That can help too.

Finally, if you want to play compliance cop, you could look at some of the other listings ranking for those terms. I don't think they all follow listing guidelines. For example, Lamas Cosmetic, Weight Loss & Microblading Center name on the listing doesn't match their website. That could be edited. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter