My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business doesnt appear on Google Maps without searching for it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Dog Stop Spa & Boutique

Unit 5 Mill Lane, Raceview Mill, 29 Raceview Rd, Ballymena BT42 4JJ

07342 122240

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105171246385210327572/+Thedogstopspa/about

Hi,

When I search for my company on google maps it appears ok:

Map1.png

However, if i just open Google Maps and zoom in to the same place it is not shown (yet all the companies beside me are???):

Map2.png

Why are they showin up and im not?? What have I done wrong on my listing, if anything?

Thanks,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My business doesnt appear on Google Maps without searching for it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @John M,

Don't worry, this isn't anything you are doing wrong on your listing. The reason behind this is a few things;  your location isn't necessarily 'mainstream', a  'destination' or 'landmark'. Google shows those locations because of this and they are also shown based on popularity in the local area i.e. a coffee shop and hardware store would per se get more foot traffic and be (for probability's sake) more relevant in local searches than a Dog Spa. Over time and depending on your other web optimization efforts/presence, this can change over time. 

However, if you zoom in close enough, *sometimes* it will pop up.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance in this.

Re: My business doesnt appear on Google Maps without searching for it?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @John M

Your business is verified, so think of this as an authority filter. To see what I mean you only have to look at the search results to find you.

I could not get the Knowledge Panel to display until I had your name and almost complete address in the search. Also look at the fact that your website does not rank for its own name.

The Dog Stop Spa   Boutique Unit 5 Mill Lane  Raceview Mill    Google Search.png

I would concentrate on building up my Brand online.

Read: Local SEO and Business Visibility

Then I would also start using your business page. At the moment there is no activity.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Thedogstopspa/posts

You do not have a blog on your website, so use your business page >> posts are indexable in search results.

After each client >> take some photos and write a post about the Dog, the treatment, etc etc.

Ask each happy client to leave a review.

Embed your location in your website.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d2294.824586664117!2d-6.222307684102849!3d54.888447980331!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x4861b37f896b0aab%3A0x7e6bd709dc981569!2sThe+Dog+Stop+Spa+%26+Boutique%2C+Dog+Groomer!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1473883354734" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It will take time, but it will get  there.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

My business doesnt appear on Google Maps without searching for it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone for your info.  Got a few things to look into to build up my brand.