3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My business doesn't appear in Google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read all the information online to ensure my account is set up properly and it is.  When you search for auto insurance charlotte, nc or business insurance charlotte, nc my business does not appear on the map.  When you search for insurance, charlotte, nc or auto insurance 28262 my business appears.  I have had a very long web presence (15+ years), we have reviews, we update our content 3-4X per week on our website and my business has been verified by Google for quite some time.  I can not figure out what we are missing.  I have looked at several other insurance agencies on the list of agencies that do appear and can't find any differences in our set ups.  My business isn't appearing on any of the pages.  Please help!  Here is the listing.  

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O'Connor+Insurance+Associates,+Inc./@35.3199483,-80.7757644,17z/da...

My business doesn't appear in Google search results

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michelle, 

Your business does appear to be listed ok, but perhaps a few factors like business categories are not correctly specified in your business listing. Perhaps you have only selected 'auto insurance'.

If you go to 'manage' your business listing at https://business.google.com and select the 'info' tab, you will be able to edit/update the business category. You may also wish to check other elements of the listings, and you may also find the 'insights' tab useful to view data on who is viewing your listing, and what they do having viewed it etc. 

To 'strengthen' your web presence, it may also be useful to use the business listings Google+ page to post an occasional update, which would could be as simple as a line or two introducing a link to a new article on your website, with appropriate keywords for the particular subject. 

Also, it's advisable to test search results while logged out of google entirely, as google can quite often consider your connection to a listing or business when returning results, and may actually think it's not useful to show your own listing, as you obviously are looking for others. It's often best to use a browser with incognito/private browsing enabled.