My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My Google place pages has disappeared after 4 years at the top.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, my business Ridge Line Chiropractic has been ranked at the top of google places for our town for 4 years. I added some html to get the put the 5 stars in front of our business listing on google. Then the next day my listing was completely gone from Google places and maps. 

If I search Chiropractors Lone Tree, Ridge Line Chiropractic can't be found in google places or google maps. 

Have I been black listed?  I have since removed all the html or changes that I made.  

Any help would be great. 

Sincerely,

Jonathon Mainieri

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Google place pages has disappeared after 4 years at the top.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Jonathon, can you provide more detail about what you mean by " I added some html to get the put the 5 stars in front of our business listing on google"? Are you referring to structured data?

Have you made any other changes recently to categories, phone number or address?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Several Qs in addition to Colan's questions...

When exactly did you notice the drop?

When is the last time your changed the description on your listing? Has it always been the way it is now?
(Don't change anything yet, just asking.)

Also can you check your listing in Map Maker and tell me if the old or new location is correct. Looks like Google moved your marker a couple days ago.

Here is the link: http://www.google.com/mapmaker?iwloc=0_0&fmi=0_0&gw=39&fid=9758320851643602185:5135008015915148209&d...

Did you recently purchase the practice? Did it used to be Noel Chiropractic with Patrick Noel? If so when did the name change occur???

Plus this query into Map Maker: "Chiropractor 9894 Rosemont Ave #103 Lone Tree Co".  It will show you 4 listings at your location. Multiple listings like this almost always hurt your rankings.

Additionally all 4 are at totally different locations according to the map markers which further makes me wonder if your marker is in the right place.

All these things are likely factors and for some reason Google just connected the dots to see that some things are off I suspect.

Click history on top, then it will show the Google edit on 12/16. Click old location and new location and tell me which one is correct. Zoom in if need to, to see exactly where the markers are.

For my reference here is the link to your Google Local listing: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RidgeLineChiropracticLoneTree/about

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathon M

Pinging you back after the Holidays to be sure you saw my questions in the previous post.

Let us know if you still need help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Linda, another Chiropractor moved in to my office. Noel Chiropractic and so he has his business within mine.
We just share the office space. I also had Jonathan Mainieri, DC which was another business google plus page which I recently deleted, because google said only to have one listing and it might be conflicting with my Ridge Line Chiropractic listing. The address for Ridge Line Chiropractic is correct now.

Its weird, we lost the keyword Chiropractor Lone Tree, completely gone, but if you keyword Acupuncture Lone Tree or Massage Therapist Lone Tree, we are still ranked at the top. Only the Chiropractor Lone Tree is totally gone.

Any help would be great!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan, thanks for the response. Sorry about the late response, here is link to the html code we added.
We have since deleted it, but the keyword Chiropractor lone tree has not come back.

http://www.webpagefx.com/blog/seo/how-to-get-stars-search/

Any idea what happened?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Linda, we also added some html coding that may have contributed to losing our listing for keyword Chiropractor Lone Tree,

We pasted this code on our first page of our website.
http://www.webpagefx.com/blog/seo/how-to-get-stars-search/

Any idea if this would kick us off?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Jonathan, every time I look I find more issues. You have sort of a tangled up mess that will be too complicated going back and forth in the forum. I'll try to explain a couple issues I found in addition to all the ones above.

1) Are you doing edits in Map Maker? You should not be. You have 2 pending edits for your Dr listing which Google has still not approved.

One pending edit is changing the name to a name that is not allowed.

Looks like you are trying to change Dr. Jonathon Mainieri, DC (which is correct) to:
Dr. Mainieri- Ridge Line Chiropractic. (Incorrect)

This is sooo complicated to explain, but basically by trying to add the practice name to the Dr name you are creating a duplicate listing for the practice.

If you are a solo practitioner and you are SURE you will always be the only Dr, then you could have EITHER a separate listing for the practice and the Dr. OR a single listing with both names. If you go with the combo name you'd need to determine which listing had the most juice and make that one primary. Then the other 2 would both be duplicates and you would have to try to get Google to merge or delete.

But even if you are planning to stay solo and want to go with the single combo name this is not the correct format: Dr. Mainieri- Ridge Line Chiropractic. Plus the name formatted that way is not conducive to citations which is a major ranking factor.

You said: "I also had Jonathan Mainieri, DC which was another business google plus page which I recently deleted, because google said only to have one listing and it might be conflicting with my Ridge Line Chiropractic listing."

So you probably just deleted from your dashboard which does not get rid of it on maps.  Google won't let you delete a Dr listing. All you did was give up control of it, it's still out there and likely a big part of the problem.

There are also listings for: "Julianne Ambrosia, L.Ac., Dipl. OM" and "Ali Damron - Acupuncturist" that are likely impacting rankings. Not sure if they are still there or were with the previous practice OR the new Dr that's sharing the office. Depending on the answer they would each need to be dealt with differently.

I can't tell about the schema, since you deleted it. I don't know if you had the code right or did it in a way that would be considered schema spam. Review schema is tricky. But even if it was done it a way that would be considered spam I think it would affect your organic ranking and not knock you out of the pack for one key phrase and not others.

Likely it's the tangled up mess of practitioner listings that's the cause of the ranking problems, but again changing name is VERY tricky and should not be done without knowing what you are doing and needs to be carefully researched and thought out. And then every one of those other listings may need to be dealt with differently depending on each situation.

Plus the other Dr sharing your office could be part of the problem too. I don't have enough carpal left to research that one.

Ahhh I just found another issue. And this could be the cause since your rankings are only impacted for the Chiro keywords and not the others.

The bottom left link in your footer should have the anchor text "Home". Right now the link goes home but the anchor is "Chiropractor in Lone Tree, CO". Since that link is in the footer, it's on every page of the site. And since it says KW City, instead of just home, like regular navigation should, it's considered keyword stuffing on every page, so lots of spammy links. So that could be another reason you were just dinged for " Lone Tree Chiropractor"  and not the other KWs.

I did consulting for an atty that did the same thing. He did SEO for other attys and was super sharp too. I told him that footer link with City and Main KW, was the problem,  He and he didn't believe that one link could be the problem. I said remove it and don't do anything else and let's see. A week later he was back at #1.

You may have other underlying issues as well. However I have RSI problems in both arms, so that's all the research and typing I can do now, but hope that additional research helped a little.