My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My GMB listing has just vanished from the local map pack?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not sure what happened, we were consistently in the top 3 for most of our local keywords. Now we are not showing up unless we zoom in on the map near our office. We have been verified for years, purchased a new commercial location about 6 months ago it just doesn't make sense. Our NAP+W is pretty solid across all our citations. Not sure what we are doing wrong.

American Air Cares

545 NW Mercantile Pl, Ste 117 Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986

772-398-0023

https://plus.google.com/+Americanaircares

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My GMB listing has just vanished from the local map pack?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @john p and sorry to hear.

It may not be anything you did. There was a big algo update and many people at my forum have described the exact same problem. The pros have been discussing and trying to figure out solutions since it happened Sept 1st.

See this post from fellow TC Joy Hawkins: Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Possum’ algorithm update There is a link within that post to one of the discussions at my forum.

Now that's not saying you may not have some other issue. But we are short staffed today so I don't have time to research/troubleshoot your listing.

Let me know if anything from that article and my forum seems to fit for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the reply and the link! I'll check that out today and let you know if that helped. Thanks again :)

John

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, so it looks as though Google is filtering our location. When we zoom in on the map we appear. This is really messed up because we actually own this commercial location. This is very frustrating and hurts our business.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @john p sorry for the delay getting back with you.

If it's the algo filtering, then there is not much we can directly do. We have been trying to figure out how to get around the problem and I'm sure one of the TCs has informed Google, but the GMB team does not control the algo and the algo is very complicated.

All I can suggest is to do everything you ethically can to optimize your GMB page, your website and your links to try to send a stronger signal to Google or possible hire someone to help you with that if you don't understand it or have the time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I get you guys 4th for "air conditioning repair port st lucie". What was the search phrase you were searching?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual