AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My Business is Verified but my map doesn't show when setting up Google.com/mymaps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is verified in GMB and Google Plus. I'm setting up a new map in Google.com/mymaps. After adding citations to my first layer, I want to find my business in the search bar to create a pin on the map. However my business does not show when typed.

Why does it not show when I'm verified?

Thanks for your help! 

Re: My Business is Verified but my map doesn't show when setting up Google.com/mymaps

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Is your business by chance a service area business (hidden address)? It won't show up in my maps if so. 

If that doesn't answer your question already, you'll have better luck by giving a little more information. What's your business name/address/phone number/website? I'm also curious what you're hoping to achieve by using my maps, could be there's another way to do the same thing if we can't figure out what's wrong. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: My Business is Verified but my map doesn't show when setting up Google.com/mymaps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Thank you for the reply. My business information is below that is
consistent with my current map listing and is verified.

My issue is with google.com/mymaps.

I'm trying to create a new map.
I've created a layer.
Then want to create a pin of my business on the map.
I type in my business name in the search area.
My map for my business doesn't show up.

I've checked location services and it says that I'm not sharing.
I've tried to turn this on but cannot.

Could this be the issue as well?

Thanks for your help!

*Bernard D. Lee *
*President*

*Office 704-593-6288*
*Direct 305-331-3530*
5720 Carnegie Boulevard
Suite 2317
Charlotte, North Carolina 28209
*CharlotteSearchEngineConsultants.com
*Connect with me on LinkedIn*

*How to Generate More Business Through Your Website Video*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear James,

I am trying to create a link with the Google Places API , so that I can invite my clients to write a review on Google+. But when I am trying to find my business name in the search map my business name won't show up.
We don't have a store or an office, so I understand that Google Maps is not showing the ''arrow'' to our adress. But how can I still have a Google Places API to create this link?

Hope to hear soon from you

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Bernard L, is this your business listing?
https://plus.google.com/+Charlottesearchengineconsultants/about

You're set as a service area business, meaning your address isn't publicly displayed. You can't add SABs to mymaps as far as I know, though that's not exactly my area of expertise. I'd suggest you find a workaround. If you're wanting to add your business to a mymaps to try and get some SEO ranking benefit out of it by the way, that's a years old trick that doubtfully worked then, and definitely doesn't help now. You're wasting your time with mymaps if you're hoping for ranking benefit.

If on the other hand, you're wanting a map of your business for your website, here's how you can make one. If there's something else you're wanting to do with mymaps, there's a whole API available for doing all kinds of fancy things with custom embedded maps, but that's kind of beyond the scope of this help forum. 

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but you can't add your kind of business to a custom map on mymaps.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Flex Airco Service R

I haven't worked with the API much, but you shouldn't need to just to get a link for clients to leave a review on. I made one for you using this tool, here you go. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Flex+Airco+Service&ludocid=15869789544940038052#lrd=0x0:0xdc3cd18266...

In the future, to keep things organized here it's better for everyone if you start a new thread instead of piggy backing off an old one, makes it easier for you to get the right help.