My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My Business has disappeared from Google Maps and Earth and Reviews etc. are gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have a small restaurant in Bahrain and basically it fell off Google Maps, Earth and such a few days ago. I am the verified owner and have not changed anything in google for probably close to a year now. All reviews and our ranking (was always #1) in searches for anything referencing Filipino restaurants in Bahrain has also gone. 

The business name is Bahay Kubo Bahrain, the website is bahaykubobahrain.com, telephone number is 00973 17231996, address is Building 822, Road 723, Block 307, Gudiyabia, Manama, Bahrain. I cannot give you the URL for maps as requested as it has disappeared and does not register in a search. 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated as our location is very difficult to find and we rely heavily on Google Maps for our new customers and ones from Saudi Arabia which is the bulk of our business. 

Many thanks,

Bahay Kubo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business has disappeared from Google Maps and Earth and Reviews etc. are gone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lawrence U

Have you logged into your dashboard to see if the listing is suspended?  Suspensions require different responses than vanishings.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

My Business has disappeared from Google Maps and Earth and Reviews etc. are gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I wanted to update the above with a little information as I just read to go to Google My Business and move the marker on the map and it should fix the problem.

The problem with that is I am not the verified owner in Google My Business and am only the owner on the webmaster tools. I have requested to verify the business via my only option which is by mail 3 different times however the address in Google (which I was never able to change) is incomplete so there is no possible way I could ever receive the postcard to verify it. The last time I requested to verify (a few days ago when it disappeared) I was able to change the address to the correct one but have no clue if they actually deliver post cards to Bahrain and if they do I doubt it will get here before the deadline to verify.

If anyone could also help with a way to verify the business in My Business it would be a huge help.

Many thanks,

Bahay Kubo 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Margaret,

I just went to the dashboard but I am not a verified owner there. It is not suspended but I have 3 pending verification. The first 2 were pending for years and the information was always still available on maps, earth, and reviews and things. 

Best regards,

Lawrence 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence U
June

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lawrence

I'm a little confused with the explanations.

In the first post you are the verified owner, in the next you're not.

In WMT, you're the owner of the website - that's fine.  But being a website owner is not the same as the GMB listing owner.  Sometimes Google allows pages to verify via WMT, most frequently not.

Was the listing verified before the suspension?  If so, you'll need to go through an ownership transfer process

Ideally you'd contact the current owner of the listing and ask them to transfer ownership to you. 
If that's not an option, you can request ownership transfer
. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671 
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly.
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.

If the listing was not verified before the suspension, then you'll need to contact Google support (dashboard, right hand menu, scroll to the bottom).  The previous verification requests would be on record. The listing disappearance may be related to the three requests.  

If you can prove your ownership of the business, you may be able to get the listing verified through support.

Alternative way to request support for verifying (only suitable if multiple previous requests have failed) 

First, be sure your listing complies with the guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177 and if you serve customers at their location, be sure to comply with the SAB guidelines https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

Once you're certain the listing complies, here are some steps so that will help you get verified:
1. Do not request any more postcards and do not edit your page - every time you do that it will cancel the code from the previous card and resets an internal timer.
2. Request a call back from Google My Business Help: https://support.google.com/business/contact/verification_code_issues
3. Explain to the agent that you requested the postcard multiple times and never received it. They will confirm the details. Assuming there's nothing wrong with the listing, they should be able to help you verify it.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for the detailed information and I apologize for being confusing. The business has never been verified so I followed your instructions for hopefully being able to do so.

Unfortunately Bahrain seems to be the only country in the world that is not an option to select when entering the mandatory phone number in the Google My Business Help but that's just another issue.

Anyways, thank you so much for the support.

Best regards,

Lawrence