Guide Me
star_border

My Business for International Delivery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Business name: freesending.com

Business address: 7641AB, Nijverheidsstraat 8, Wierden, Netherlands.

Phone: +31640774876

Maps URL: https://www.google.nl/maps/place/FreeSending/@52.3622937,6.5964214,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6bb9b6a...

I've been working with My Business for a while now. However, this new task assignment made it a little too difficult for me to understand.

I'm trying to setup my webshop which delivers service World-Wide. I'm not yet sure if this webshop will have multiple service locations in the future. But we just want to keep it at 1 location currently. I'm currently stuck at the following address set-up:

areaservice.jpg

It does not give me the ability for to set it World-Wide. It just gives me a certain area.

Allthough i'm sure that other webshops that deliver world wide can be found from any location.

- Do i have to sign up for an alternative to Google's My Business?

- Do i need some kind of partnership?

- Do i have to sign up for some kind of international services?

- Or am i forced to create multiple locations?

Can someone give me some details about this specific matter?

Best regards,

Marc.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

your entire listing isn't eligible for a GoogleMyBusiness listing as you unlikely face all your customers  "in person" which is the main criteria for a local business listing with GoogleMyBusiness

I strongly recommend to remove it from your dahsboard asap

Re: My Business for International Delivery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, but how come that other international webshops are shown on google, on the right side, and you recommend me to remove it from my dashboard.

Is there an alternative for this?

temp.PNG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Marcc,

The example you provided is not of a Local listing, rather it is the Knowledge Panel for that business sourced from their Wikipedia record. Coolblue does have a Local listing, but that is because they have a store open to the public.

Does you business deal with customers in person? If it does then you can have a Local listing, otherwise you cannot.

Local listings on Google Maps are not meant for businesses to advertise their service worldwide, only locally.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor