AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Category automatically changing to an incorrect category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google My Business listing that I continually have to to change the Category it's listed under. 

I've removed all sub-categories and set the primary category as 'Plumber' over a dozen times within the last 6-12 months. Unfortunately it reverts itself back to 'Bathroom Remodeller'* which is NOT what we do.

View Master Leak Detective on Google Maps

*I changed it back to 'Plumber' again today

Anyone know how to fix this issue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Master l

this sounds weird 

Have  you tried contacting  business support regarding  this  issue  already?

If not please do it  asap.

In case they  can't figureout  the  reason or are unable to helpyou  come back to here  and  I will try  to help you  further.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have.

The woman who called me back was not helpful at all and only advised to apply the change and wait for it to be approved. She continually disregarded the situation when I explained it and said to check the listing after 48 hours. It's extremely frustrating! 

This is the first time I've logged back into the account to view your reply. You can see the listing has reverted by itself again: View Master Leak Detective on Google Maps 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭