6.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

My Business Attributes can't be set on Libraries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm attempting to set some attributes for the locations I manage. All the locations are in the category Library.

In the admin options I don't have any Attributes button to click. I also attempted to set attributes via the bulk upload spreadsheet option, but I get an error that the attributes don't apply to my category.

Why don't any apply to libraries? I'd love to be able to share that we have bike racks, for example, or wheelchair accessible entrances & restrooms.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Business Attributes can't be set on Libraries

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chad H

At the minute you cannot select attributes, these will be populated based upon feedback from Maps users.

Once they start populating you only have an Yes / No option.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

My Business Attributes can't be set on Libraries

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, though now I'm extra confused - blog posts like this one have screenshots of the Attributes field in action: http://blumenthals.com/blog/2016/12/02/google-my-business-rolling-out-attributes-to-single-listings/

Also Google's documentation for bulk location updates mention that you can add attributes via fields in the bulk spreadsheet. But I get the mentioned errors when I do that.