AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple business categories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Live Your Life Integrated Health and Chiropractic

671 Mitchell Way Suite 200 Erie, CO 80516

(720) 759-5229

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Live+Your+Life+Chiropractic/@40.0345313,-105.0539614,15z/data=!4m2...

liveyourlifechiro.com

Multiple Business Categories:

My business has multiple categories: chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapy, and craniosacral therapy. However, only the chiropractor shows up in google maps when searched. If I search Erie, Colorado acupuncturist or Erie, Colorado massage therapist....we are nowhere to be seen. How can I get my other categories to show up? 

Somewhere I read that each practitioner could have their own listing as well. I'd like to keep things as consolidated as possible, but if that's the only way to get multiple categories to show up, I would be interested in learning the best way to go about that. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the exact same issue.I have a pet care company that has Dog Training, Cat sitting, Dog Walking. I have "add missing place" on maps some show up some dont. I am guessing that is because a cat sitting has no business on a dog trainer map.I would also like to know if other businesses can delete your business from the map, as I am there one minute and the next I have disappeared.How can I have all categories listed, (there is no "one category" to rule them all) I hope someone can help.Thanks to who ever can help us with this 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any chance with your query? I have the same proble, My business should have two categories but I can only put one on google business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a bit of luck. I am very new to computers so all of this has taken a long time to figure out .When you first set up your business page, you are given five or six categories to go under. so to use me as an example, i went back to make sure all of those would include both cats and dogs.etc. after that i would then put myself on the map as "cat sitting" and go back to the map again to put myself back on there as "dog trainer". I think i ran into difficulty when i was trying to put myself into maps putting myself down as cat sitter when  i did not initially put in my first five/six. like wise i would not be able to put myself on the map as a concrete store as it would be rejected straight away.I also think the categories are very strict in their interpretations. So my best advice would be go back to how you set it up, i think its on your dashboard and that may help. Get as close to your categorie as possible but choices are limited. I have had to self teach all of this so if you need help please ask and i will get back. have a great Saturday 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You could clearly mention the other categories in About the business section. 

Have your primary category set in Google my business.