AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Moz Not Locating My Google business and FB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Im trying to clean up my NAP through Moz local.

My google business page and fb are not showing up through moz. I tried downloading cvs from gmb and uploading to moz. No luck im not sure what im doing wrong.

My second issue involves a  phone number that connects to my business but i dont own the number. Im not sure when or if a call tracking number was added to the account. Im trying to verify my business through Acxiom but i dont have records of the owning that number and i cant verify by calling from that number. When that number is called a voice answering service connects the call to my business line. Any suggestions on what to do? Acxiom take a while to respond. 

Doors-2-Fix Garage Door Service and Repair

3238 S Yampa Wy

Aurora CO 80013

720-722-2349

https://plus.google.com/+Doors2fixLLC/about

Thanks guys for you help and time!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric P
April 2016

Re: Moz Not Locating My Google business and FB

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

Are you paying to use MozLocal? If so, they offer support. The other reason I ask is becasue you mention that you are working with Acxiom directly, which is not necessary if you are using MozLocal.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric P
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,

Are you paying to use MozLocal? If so, they offer support. The other reason I ask is becasue you mention that you are working with Acxiom directly, which is not necessary if you are using MozLocal.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello thank you for your time.

I want to purchase Moz local, but i would need to verify my business 1st in order to do so. I have a google+ verified business page but it doesnt show up in moz.

I did find a business duplicate with an unrecognizable phone number listed with my business . When i called the other phone number it went to a call center which forwarded the call to my current business number. Thought that was weird, was it call tracking?

I wasnt sure why moz wasnt picking up my g+ account. I tried uploading the location csv. I then tried to edit the csv file by adding the google+ page address. I been stuck trying to verify my pages with moz. Do you think the additional phone number is throwing off the moz reading. Even with a csv uploaded?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I will reach out to Moz to see if I can get an answer for you. I think it is related to the fact that the listing is an SAB with hidden address.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I got some feedback from Moz for you:

"This is a really interesting case. From my initial look at the listing, I can't actually see anything that would be causing an issue - everything looks good. It appears like the listing must have been able to verify with Google originally, so why would it be out of sync now? Quite a mystery...
I will check in with the rest of team and see if they can pinpoint what's amiss here. I'll send more details your way when I have them"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your time. Its definately been a frustrating
project for me. Not sure if moz has a referral program. If i can get all
the ducks in order, I would like to at least give you the credit for your
time. I do plan on purchasing moz subscription.

Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Just checked and it's now showing as verified in Moz Local - https://moz.com/local/search/Doors-2-Fix%20Garage%20Door%20Service%20and%20Repair/80013

Should be able to claim it now..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Colan thank you! I looked at a referral code for moz. Unfortunately they are not offering a referral program at this time.

Do you know what caused the mix up? I think my fb page might be dealing with the same issue.
I made my address visible and will check in a week or so. I hope that is found by moz also.

Thanks again for your time!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I'm not 100% sure what caused the mixup. Service Area Businesses with hidden addresses just don't always play well with Moz. Has a lot to do with Google's API.

No referral necessary. Just glad I could help.

Have a great weekend!