3.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Missing From Map Pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. My  business appears in the map pack (correct name?) for most of the iPhone repair type search terms for our local business but we are missing from a couple of important ones - infact there are only 2 entries in the map pack for the term 'iPhone screen repairs ipswich' and I'm a bit confused as to why we're not there. Appreciate any advice on what can be done to rectify the problem. We're also not showing for 'ipad repair ipswich' even though this is another key service we offer.

Our business is Armafone (www.armafone.com) and our maps ref is https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=armafone+ipswich&oe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt_puSu6jSAhXqAcAK...

Thanks very much

1 Expert replyverified_user

Missing From Map Pack

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris, 

I took a peak, and I think a see a few things that could help. First of all though, I don't see a lot of businesses these days that can sweep the 3-pack for a bunch of different business categories. Especially since last September, there's more and more variety even between seemingly identical searches. The order of the results for ipswich ipad repair vs ipad repair ipswich for example is different, and I've seen plenty of cases where there's even 3 different companies in two searches as similar as that. 

If you'd like to improve your rankings though, one of the biggest rank signals to Google is the organic ranking of your website, especially the page your profile is linking to. For iPhone screen repairs ipswich your site is near the bottom of the second page, and for ipad repair ipswich, your site is all the way down on the 3rd page. I'd start working to make improvements there, based on the backlink profile I'm seeing that's the lowest hanging fruit. Here's an article looking at some of the different factors and which ones matter most, and here's a list of places to start with local backlink building if you decide to explore that route. Don't try and cheat or outsource backlink building work. Google's not perfect at punishing spammers yet, but if you do get penalized it's a problem. Good luck. 

Highlighted

Missing From Map Pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James - appreciate that!

Experts in the Topic
james w